Change from mile to km

gerpeters

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI and 2003 Jetta TDI
I'm importing 2009 Jetta from USA to Canada. I have the vagcom tool and need to know in which module I would go to change from miles to km for the odometer .

I searched on this forum but could not find anything specific.

Last edited:

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
you do not need to use VAG-Com. you can use the onboard computer, and the MFD switch and menu (right stalk). you're lucky it is a 2009 as it has dual read-out speedometer though miles are in larger numerals. (I also imported a 2009 JSW three years ago)

gerpeters

TDI
Thanks. I imported a 2003 Jetta a few years ago and it also has the dual read out odometer. I think all USA vehicles have that. Or are there some that don't

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
From 2010 on they have one or the other on the speedo, but the MFD
will display metric equivalent when programmed.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
Ah that's why you said that I was lucky....good to know.
curious....much savings after exchange, fees and import duty? over just finding one in the GTA? I just imported an older diesel pusher motorhome from Ohio that was made in usa and there was huge savings there.....also because the selection of motorhomes is HUGE in US of A....

cptnCanada

TDI
97 Jetta TDI, 2000 Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI
I just imported an 06 Jetta TDI. I purchased it in Orlando and drove it home. I probably saved 30% from what I would have paid here. I didn't have to pay any duty and the taxes you pay are the same as you would pay when registering a vehicle in Ontario. The biggest benefit is having a car that has lived in a non-salt environment for 7 years - not an ounce of rust on the whole thing!

gerpeters

TDI
curious....much savings after exchange, fees and import duty? over just finding one in the GTA? I just imported an older diesel pusher motorhome from Ohio that was made in usa and there was huge savings there.....also because the selection of motorhomes is HUGE in US of A....
I imported both my 2009 Audi Q7 and 2009 Jetta from Texas. On the Audi Q7 I had to pay 6.2% in duty because it is manufactured in Germany.

Even with paying the duty on the Q7 I saved about 15k to 18k based on avarage going price here in Canada for both vehicles. I found both vehicle on autotrader.com

I drove both up here myself and next time I may consider a shipping company. @cptnCanada is right...no rust!