Change 12V to full time 12V

Copedawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SE TDI 13.6K RIP:04 Jetta TDI 285K
Howdy Ya'll! I have a 2015 Jetta SE TDI and I am installing a camera. I want to change the 12V outlet by the gearshift to full time 12V. (Right now it's only ON when the ignition is ON. Is there a trick to make it Full Time 12 Volts?...like cycle ignition 2 times, roll down right rear window while holding breath run around to passenger side window and yell at dog then pop trunk crawl through rear seats and honk horn twice and cycle engine...blah blah blah...?
I may just have to run a new circuit but I wanted to run it by the experts first...Thanks Ya'll!

Copedawg

Veteran Member
TDI
. Gonna bump this back up again for some more views...I'll let it die Sunday(ish).

I think I am going to have to run a new circuit. I may bite in to the clove box light...thoughts?

Better yet, what would you do?

Thanks!

akjdouglass

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/premium (sold to VW); 2014 Jetta Value Edition; 2015 Jetta SEL; 2003 Jetta GL

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Is the Jetta fuse box similar to the GSW, where you can simply move the fuse up one slot for constant 12v power?

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/constant-power-accessory-outlets-mk7-gsw-easy.476748/

Jetta mods via fuse box or an in-line system, a bit less elegant:

Copedawg

Veteran Member
TDI
Douglas and hskrdu!!! Thank you BOTH so much! Pictures an ALL! This was the magic I was looking for. I am going to tackle this in the near future (maybe today). I tried to quote both in this reply but I don't think I did it right. I am just so happy you two replied!

I have another question about my vehicle...it's a 2015 ...is this considered a MK6 or a MK7?

Thank you ALL so much!
Stay safe, dry and COVID Free!