Central pa mechanic, and/or someone willing to show/help me...

nimhrod

TDI
06 Jetta
The guy I have used for 10 years is not getting back to me. I live near Hershey, and would prefer someone who is also a member of the vw community. I would like to get some head work done, head gasket, brm cam replacement (stage 3 colt kit from kermatdi), and probaly other stuff not coming to mind.

I want to learn how to do this stuff on my own, there is a time issue with this being my primary vehicle. The fact that my truck also needs equally apalling work done to run doesn't help :(

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Metalman is a great choice. I've used him a lot in the past and he does great work.

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
The guy I have used for 10 years is not getting back to me. I live near Hershey, and would prefer someone who is also a member of the vw community. I would like to get some head work done, head gasket, brm cam replacement (stage 3 colt kit from kermatdi), and probaly other stuff not coming to mind.

I want to learn how to do this stuff on my own, there is a time issue with this being my primary vehicle. The fact that my truck also needs equally apalling work done to run doesn't help :(
You're not too far from Jeff the RocketChip man in Red Lion:

http://rocketchip.com/

He knows these cars inside and out.

Dave

nimhrod

TDI
06 Jetta
I have heard about Jeff, just from talking to guys near dirty places... like diesel pumps. Didn't know this was his kind of gig. Never heard of Metalman, but have heard of Marquette automotive. Thanks for the input! I begin making calls after I get the tiny gents to school.

nimhrod

TDI
06 Jetta
Is Metalman a member here? The 2 that popped in the search aren't him, hopefully. Another major expense took priority... house and vehicles are killing me lately :mad: Guess I need to sell a ton of appliances at work :eek:

silverstick

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS (160K miles), and '05 Jetta GLS wagon (120K)
Is Metalman a member here?

You can find him in "Trusted Mechanics by State" in the TDI101 forum -- search for Pennysylvania.

He's excellent -- did a timing belt and more on our 2002 back before we found Mike Hevner here in New Jersey. And he's a parts supplier, with good prices and fast turnaround on shipping.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Is Metalman a member here? The 2 that popped in the search aren't him, hopefully. Another major expense took priority... house and vehicles are killing me lately :mad: Guess I need to sell a ton of appliances at work :eek:
Yes he is, his user is Metal Man.

Isn't marquette auto and metalman one in the same?
Yes they are the same.

TriviaSteve

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS Wagon, 550K miles, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI S, 100K miles and a 65 beetle
Just wanted to give a plug for Dennis at Metalmanparts, too. He did my TB today, and I couldn't be happier. Definitely went the extra mile, new filters all around, new thermostat and a tie rod… Price was fair and reasonable, and the peace of mind knowing that I should be good for another 100k miles is great. Will definitely call him when it's time for the next one in about 20 months…

Thanks Dennis!