CEL - P2026 [P202B] Code

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I am getting a CEL with the code P2026. I can find very limited info on this code, other than:

Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Fuel Vapor Temperature Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

Anybody got any ideas?

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Yup, that sounds like a generic code from a generic scanner. Best bet is to track down someone with VCDS (there's a master list here somewhere) and get the real story.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
Gentlemen...

It must be us. One of our members presently awaits a new ignition coil for his TDI. Now we have a member with the evaporative system gone haywire. I'm guessing the problem is somewhere between his carburetor and gasoline tank. Kudos to the techs who were able to pull both solutions out of their hats! Most TDI folks would have never thought of these things!

Or... RUN! RUN far and fast! This world is full of incompetents. They don't even rise to the level of good liars.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Nord, Thanks for the help. :rolleyes: I am not a noob. Again, that is why I asked, my P3 gauge is what is telling me the code after the CEL pops up on the dash. A Google search returns that description. Hence why I asked here. i was hoping somebody else had actually seen that code on one of the TDI's, and had an idea where to start looking. But yet again, the elitist attitude of TDIClub comes out.

I have VCDS, but haven't had a chance to scan. I had my Mac with me earlier, not my 8.1 tablet I use VCDS on. I will get a scan of it tomorrow.

Again, looking for actual good help, not SmartA$$ replies. I know my way around a diesel, and while I may not have as much experience as you nord, I can hold my own!

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
Loki,

I was most definitely NOT referring to you. You own a TDI, you have a "smart" gauge, and it appears that you were supplied with non TDI data. Somewhere along the line somebody dropped the ball methinks. Then again, assuming you do know your way around TDI's, I would have to think that you already knew that you were being led astray.

Understand that I haven't an answer for the TDI but I do have a suspicion... MY guess is that the code on a TDI may well have to do with DEF system.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Loki,

I was most definitely NOT referring to you. You own a TDI, you have a "smart" gauge, and it appears that you were supplied with non TDI data. Somewhere along the line somebody dropped the ball methinks. Then again, assuming you do know your way around TDI's, I would have to think that you already knew that you were being led astray.

Understand that I haven't an answer for the TDI but I do have a suspicion... MY guess is that the code on a TDI may well have to do with DEF system.
10-4, No problem.

My thoughts exactly. Stupid DEF system! It might have to go! :D

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Gentlemen...

It must be us. One of our members presently awaits a new ignition coil for his TDI. Now we have a member with the evaporative system gone haywire. I'm guessing the problem is somewhere between his carburetor and gasoline tank. Kudos to the techs who were able to pull both solutions out of their hats! Most TDI folks would have never thought of these things!

Or... RUN! RUN far and fast! This world is full of incompetents. They don't even rise to the level of good liars.
Hmmm...I thought nord was being very kind, as that's not where I thought "the techs" were pulling these solutions from!!!!

Loki: I wasn't trying to be a smartass, either. I was trying to express my disbelief in the interpretation of the code. I figured you were just asking if there was a cross-reference for the code, and I can't answer that.

I know you'll get to the bottom of this, and post your findings.;)

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Hmmm...I thought nord was being very kind, as that's not where I thought "the techs" were pulling these solutions from!!!!

Loki: I wasn't trying to be a smartass, either. I was trying to express my disbelief in the interpretation of the code. I figured you were just asking if there was a cross-reference for the code, and I can't answer that.

I know you'll get to the bottom of this, and post your findings.;)

Thanks, with the help of VCDS, I will. Was hoping for a lucky find by one of ya'll. I was hoping somebody else had already run into it. Figures....

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Hey Loki,

I wonder if that code could actually be P202b instead of P2026.

If that is the case, it is definitely Adblue related. You can find a few instances of this code in the Unofficial Adblue Heater Failure thread.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Hey Loki,

I wonder if that code could actually be P202b instead of P2026.

If that is the case, it is definitely Adblue related. You can find a few instances of this code in the Unofficial Adblue Heater Failure thread.
Good call! That is actually exactly what it is. I pulled it via VCDS today. Been doing some reading, Thanks!

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
That is the code, actually, temp sensor. So far it seems like not a cheap repair. Looking at other options...

Drnknmnky13

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 5spd, 2014 Passat DSG
I found the adblue heater repair kit for $425 plus shipping. So about $440. The repair is fairly easy if you follow the guide here in the Sticky section. Just be very careful with positioning the control module. I broke mine when reinstalling the adblue tank. That was a $350 mistake.

My dealer was going to charge me $1400 for everything. So even with the module mistake...I'm ahead of the game.

titleist1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI
If it's just the temp sensor rumor has it that a $6 thermistor replacement will fix it. I have the 205b code and have the 10k thermistor in hand but I am waiting to burn through some DEF since I had filled it the day prior to getting the code before taking out the tank to replace it.