CCM problem or ??

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
So I just had my car in the body shop to have my rear bumper repaired after a hit-n-run. No major damage, just damage to the paint and a couple of the clips that hold the bumper cover in place.

When I got the car back yesterday, everything seemed fine ... until I got out of the car and tried to lock the car and arm the alarm with the key fob and nothing happened. Figuring it was just a dead battery, I didn't think anything of it.

I grabbed some groceries and went to open the trunk using the trunk release switch in the driver's door and once again ... nothing. So I used the key to manually open the trunk, loaded the groceries and got in the car and went on my way, a bit puzzled over the fact the trunk release didn't work.

As I drove home, I tried to put my power windows down and again ... nothing. The driver's door controls for all the power windows did nothing. I reached over to the passenger door and tried the window control and also nothing.

I didn't think to try the power mirror controls to see if they too were out. The gas release switch in the driver's door does work. And I haven't had a chance to hook up VCDS to see if there is a DTC.

So now I'm just wondering if it's the CCM that's pooched, or if it would be something to do with the wiring in the driver's door that failed, or if it could be something as simple as a fuse. Everything was working when I dropped the car off on monday. The body shop didn't do any work anywhere near the driver's door, only on the rear bumper. It's perplexing that all these problems arose suddenly, but it can't just be a coicidence.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions where to start?

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The doors are supposed to lock once you've reached 20 kph, a factory default setting. The doors can be set to unlock when you remove your key from the ignition, but this is not a factory default setting.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Stock headunit. Gonna hook up VCDS and see if there's any DTC's to do with the CCM module. Just hoping someone might have an idea what might have caused the sudden problem.

The car is over 12 years old and, aside from a failed driver's door micro-switch, I've never had any sort of trouble with any electrical systems since I bought the car new.

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
After consulting with the wealth of knowledge at JS Performance (thanks Jose!) we've narrowed the likely cause of the problem to the wiring that runs through the trunk lid near the hinge that's worn away. Being a 12 year old car, it's not uncommon for that to happen apparently.