Catostrophic HPFP Failure Help

Naw9119

TDI
2012 Passat
Well, it happened. My new to me 2012 Passat TDI has HPFP failure. VW won't cover the repair because the car is out of the extended warranty period. I have been searching the forums, and it has been a great help. But I can't seem to find anyone that has done this repair themselves. I am an experienced shade tree and feel confident I can complete the repair myself. I was just looking to pick someone's brain about things to look out for, or tips and tricks to make it go easier. I have the shop manual for the car and an OBDeleven. I know there are some specialty tools I will need to get the repair completed. Is there anything else I would need?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Have you checked the document yourself and doublechecked whether you are covered or not? The repair is pretty extensive as it calls for cleaning and/or replacement of "everything" in the fuel path. Probably want to replace with a CP3 hpfp instead too. There are threads here about doing all of that already.

Here is a good thread to read.

Last edited:

Naw9119

TDI
2012 Passat
Yeah, I checked it. the warranty went out at 120k miles. It's at 162k. I tried for a month to get a goodwill repair from VW, but no luck.