VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
We need a good name.

North Americian TDI GTG?
The Great TDI Bash?
You've got to have better ones than that....

suggestions? Lets come up with a few good ones and I'll setup a poll for the name.

whitebelly

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW
how about "Turbo Diesel Invasion 2000"

you could put the T,D,&I in bold fonts and different colors on the banner,

it tells everyone what type of engine we all have,

and it's not specific to VW.

------------------
'00 Ggls tdi manual.
blk/blk
lux
no mods yet

www.johnlardieri.com

valois

Banned
I really like that, Whitebelly! I feel Fred should have the final decision, it would be nice to include Fred in the title also. Afterall this would not be happening without this Forum and Fred.

[This message has been edited by valois (edited May 10, 2000).]

gestalTDIesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Indigo Golf GL
my $.02:

i also like 'TDI Invasion' and i thought whitebelly's idea was good too. something along those lines would be catchy and question forming (leaving you to answer all sorts of TDI questions).

------------------
-joe

2000 Indigo Golf GL TDI

DZL JETT

I really like the "Turbo Diesel Invasion" 2000. My question would be who will come up with the logo and is this something we want on shirts in ADDITION to the shirts already sold for the Forum..??

Any ideas..??

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
I'd think it would add a fair bit of work to make up a logo, etc for this. Scott is the one who has the experience on this. My main thoughts were just a name to tell people. But bigger could be better.

gestalTDIesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Indigo Golf GL
i was visualising a separate stand alone T for this event with the 'logo', probably in VW's TDI font on the front and location, time, and forum info on the back. sort of like a concert t-shirt. but that's only my off the cuff impression.

BTW: i will say i'm partial to a dark T (blue?/black?/forest green?/blue-violet?) with silverish writing.

but again i'm only offering up fodder for the idea factory

------------------
-joe

2000 Indigo Golf GL TDI

valois

Banned
Scotts already got some shirts made up I believe, and DZL JETT has mentioned he would try to bring them, let's support our members here, setup and cost on this would take some effort. How about ball caps, that will not cut into what is out there already and would complement the shirts. Run with it Gestaldiesel. See what you can come up with.

valois

Banned
I liked StealthTDI's "TDI Invasion" some of the general public that might show up need to be informed that these are diesels. TDI will not neccesarily mean anything to them.

J

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 passat tdi.... my 6th TDi!! a4, a3, b4, a5, my b7 and wife has a '11 JSW.. :)
How 'bout "Fred's Diesel Invasion 2000"

Pretty catchy, huh??!?!?

------------------
Life is too short, drive a TDI for a long time!?!?
'67 13 Window Deluxe
'99 Beetle TDI GLS

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hi,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by valois:
Scotts already got some shirts made up I believe, and DZL JETT has mentioned he would try to bring them, let's support our members here, setup and cost on this would take some effort.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My shirts are not designed specifically for this event. They're just the Fahrfrumpumpen T-shirts as shown on my website. The difference is that it's been requested that I see about adding screen names to the t's. I've looked, and this will add $5 to the price of each shirt.

Of course, they'll have to be custom-ordered far in advance. I have a point of contact that has come forward to spearhead this project. I don't know his screen name, just his real one. He will most likely start a new thread soon.

Oh, back to this thread: TDI Envasion wasn't my idea for an event name (but I'm glad you like it). Instead, it was just a choice of words to describe what it would be if all the TDI's were to envade the Bug-In in VA.

Take Care,

------------------
Scott Farrell, KE4WMF
98 Jetta w/71k, 802mi/55mpg (best)
Scott's Jetta TDI Page
TDIClub.com Stickers and T-Shirts

gestalTDIesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Indigo Golf GL
Scott,

could we have stand alone T's for this event?
how much advance notice do they(manufacturer) need to make a batch of say 300? (that should cover it, i think) how much would it cost? i kinda like the separate T idea for the event to complement your 'year round' fahrfrumpumpen T.

what do you think?

------------------
-joe

2000 Indigo Golf GL TDI

[This message has been edited by gestalTDIesel (edited May 11, 2000).]

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
WOW,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gestalTDIesel:
Scott,

could we have stand alone T's for this event?
how much advance notice do they(manufacturer) need to make a batch of say 300? (that should cover it, i think) how much would it cost? i kinda like the separate T idea for the event to complement your 'year round' fahrfrumpumpen T.

what do you think?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay. 300 seems a little optimistic, and expensive if not preordered.
But here goes: First, my design was conceived over a long period of time. Being a new parent, I don't really have time to design something from scratch. So the first thing we need is a design. Most of you received my "calling card" with your orders. Perhaps my Fahrfrumpumpen logo could wind up in the corner of the shirt or something, similar to the card. One thing the designer should consider is that more than one color costs more. How much more, I can't remember. Dark shirts cost $2 more per shirt (I think), which is why I stayed with grey. Each individual "screen" will cost extra, beginning with a $20 setup charge (even your names, but I've made a good deal).

DZL JETT and I have determined that July 15th is a good deadline. This should get our order in before all the high schools start doing their fundraising and having their t-shirts printed (band, football, drill team, etc). DZL JETT will collect ALL advance orders and money (required for shirts with names). He will then mail me a consolidated order with the money (prepaid orders will reduce his out of pocket expenses). I'll place the order, then store one big package in my trunk until he arrives here on the 30th. Sound good? I hope I didn't take the wind from his sails.

For now, I think it's fairly safe to say that the shirt with a new design should cost the same as they currently do: $15 (plus $2 for XXL/XXXL); $20 for one with your screenname (plus $2 for XXL/XXXL).

Whew! My fingers are tired! Let's see what we come up with: Need an artist, and need to see what DZL JETT posts later. BTW, I've added a "Special Event" order form to my website if you wanna take a look.

Take Care,

------------------
Scott Farrell, KE4WMF
98 Jetta w/71k, 802mi/55mpg (best)
Scott's Jetta TDI Page
TDIClub.com Stickers and T-Shirts

[This message has been edited by Stealth TDI (edited May 11, 2000).]

valois

Banned
My son is a computer graphic artist and has agreed to do a few designs for consideration of the members, I believe any other's with artistic talent should submit designs also and either vote on the best, or allow Fred to chose one. We may want to include the dealer on this, and if that is the case, 300 is not optomistic. They will want their name on it I assume. I am going to start a new thread with the dealership response to my lobbying.
Let me know what you think about this before I broach the subject with them.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Will the design be one or multi colour? If multi colour, I think using something similar to the <font color="green">T</font>D<font color="red">I</font> logo above would be perfect. (If you don't know <font color="green">Green for Economy</font> and <font color="red">Red for performance.</font>)
Scott, any idea on the cost for 3 colours?

[This message has been edited by VW Derf (edited May 11, 2000).]

DZL JETT

Sorry about that Scott. I emailed you from my work address. It is I who was come forward to spearhead the project.

I see that you mentioned the names are an option and that they will require an additional $5. What kind of lead time will you require...2 months, say..??

I'll be opening the thread later today to coordinate things.

Let's all get together and show our support for the forum and for the wonderfully engineered vehicles we drive. The forum shows over 1800+ registered members. I am hoping that the interest in the shirts is a compliment to the number of members here. Besides, Fred's a great guy (I think, I haven't actually met him but have heard good things..!!!!) j/k

Kevin

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Well it's official. The name of the GTG is now "<font color="green">T</font>D<font color="red">I</font> Invasion 2000"!

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
I was hoping we would go for a name as "a bunch of guys that will use any excuse to get away from their wives/jobs/kids/girlfriends/etc for a weekend of overindulging in drinking/eating/smoking/male-bonding/etc and talking about cars/sex/motorcycles/boats/guns/fishing/hunting/sex/etc."
I'm ready!

Now I just have to figure out a way to weasel out of work and whatever else to sneak away.

Brian, 97 Passat TDI

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Man, no sooner did I decide on a name, did an even better one come forward. This one I feel is a little less intimidating and as one person put, a little more German (Plus it sounds better IMHO
). So the new and now cast in stone event name is <font color="green">T</font>D<font color="red">I</font> Fest 2000 . Hope this doesn't cause too much confusion....

Fred