Cars I saw in Denmark

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
Various diesels seen around Copenhagen. Diesel was $6.36/gal. Lots of E320 and Vito, CDI taxi-cabs in the Danish capital. Also saw Suzuki Sidekick 2.4 CDI. Danish VAT 180% value of the car which explains a wide variety of very small cars. on the high end, there was one Porsche, one Maserati, and one Ferrari.

Converted to US Dollar, this is a $28,000 car:

Lupo TDI blue motion.

Sure wish they would bring this Caddy to America.

Last edited:

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
Ford has a few diesels in town. This one gets 23Km/L. There are four people in it; two men 6 feet tall and two women 5'9 and a folded wheel chair. This care is powered by Fords 1.2 CDI mighty engine.

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
Another van not seen here is a Toyota Diesel

A nice baseline car, I rode in is this Toyota Yaris. No longer in production.

Of course you can find an Audi:

German_1er_diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 118d
Ford has a few diesels in town. This one gets 23Km/L. There are four people in it; two men 6 feet tall and two women 5'9 and a folded wheel chair. This care is powered by Fords 1.2 CDI mighty engine.

It's actually powered by Fiat's 1.3L diesel engine, because it is made in a Polish Fiat factory on the same platform and production line as the 500 and uses the same Fiat engines. (1.2L gasser from the base Fiat 500, 1.3L diesel)

tdisky

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (hers)
Jack, thanks for the all the pics. The other day I made the mistake of vaguely implying that it might perhaps be nice to move to Europe because of all the cool cars. I don't think my wife will forget that anytime soon. And before anyone starts off with all the taxes there, I'm fine with it. Just give me a Peugeot RCZ or 1.6L diesel Fiesta or Alfa 159 or Opel Astra GTC or...waaaa!:( Wait, I love my TDI.

German_1er_diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 118d

Long wheelbase

Short wheelbase

"Tramper" package with a rear seat that folds into a bed and a tent for the hatch.

"Startline" base trim