Carpooling thread

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Is there any interest in carpooling to TDIFest this year? If so, post up in this thread.

Last edited:

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Myself, I'm interested in carpooling... I'm in Newark, OH (so about a 14-15 hour drive to Fest).

I would want to be at Fest between Thursday afternoon and Friday mid-day I think, and I would want to leave some time between Monday morning and mid-day. (Getting more time than that off work would be... difficult.)

I would want to share driving duties with whoever carpools with me, due to the distance.

I have a 2-door Golf, so I could only take one other person comfortably in my own car. If I'm riding in someone else's car, I'll note that I'll be bringing a folding bicycle with me, which will take a little extra cargo space (but it will fit in the cargo area of any TDI, with room to spare for luggage - plenty of room to spare if it's a sedan or wagon).

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Nevermind. got reminded of some detours for the trip home that are going to keep us an extra day.

sorry.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Haven't thought about route yet. likely up 77 and then east.. need to figure that one out. lets try to coordinate at my GTG next weekend Bruce.

We are going to have to take our offer back. Amanda did have to remind me that we would be doing site seeing on the way back so we aren't able to meet Erics schedule. I knew there was something I was forgetting.

Eric, there is bound to be someone else from the area that wold love to ride along. perhaps post it up on the columbustdidrivers yahoo group.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
DC to TDIFest

BKmetz, GeekDrew, car54, spacemonkeymafia, compu_85, and I will all be heading up to Maine from Springfield, VA bright and early on Wednesday, August 28th for an arrival time that evening. Not sure how many vehicles we will be taking yet (at least 3 + a trailer due to all of the stuff that needs to go with us).

Return home will be bright and early on the Tuesday after TDIFest. Total duration of stay: 6 nights.

Anyone else want to join in on the extended stay caravan/carpool? :)

Last edited:

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
BKmetz, GeekDrew, car54, spacemonkeymafia, compu_85, and I will all be heading up to Maine from Springfield, VA bright and early on Wednesday, August 28th for an arrival time that evening. Not sure how many vehicles we will be taking yet (at least 3 + a trailer due to all of the stuff that needs to go with us).

Return home will be bright and early on the Tuesday after TDIFest. Total duration of stay: 6 nights.

Anyone else want to join in on the extended stay caravan/carpool? :)
Well, as I "dodder" up toward Maine, I will be vigilant that I do not get knocked off the road by a wing gust when you guys blow by me!:eek:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
We'll start flashing our high beams at anything with the 4-way flashers on just to be safe! :eek:

biohazardtj

TDI
2000,jetta/2005,wagon
myself and Loosecannon will be driving down for SW Ontario. not sure on the route as of yet. anyone comming from Ontario wana tag along and help fix stuff as it breaks? :)