Car died while driving

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf 6MT; 2015 Sportwagen 6MT; 2016 A3 e-tron 6DSG
A 6mm (or very close to that) drill bit will work as a pin to lock/confirm the injection pump position. Be sure to use the "butt-end" of the bit, not the twisty part - you do NOT want that to have that break off in the lock hole, lest you create a lot of additional work for yourself.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Was any work done to the car which could contribute to potentially skipping a tooth or two? When was the last time the timing belt system or any part of it was serviced?

Mpaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Caddy 2005 1,9 105 ps; Polo 2015 90PS Bluemotion, T5 2.5 5cyl
The AC and the heat do not work. And when I turn the blower motor on after a while, it blows the fuse.
But the question is still why did it just shut off while I was driving just because I turned a climate control knob? And now won’t start
You may be chasing a number of faults - I would definitely start by trying to locate the electrical fault here (start from the fault codes) .... and the timing / belt like written above
(I twice had a faulty regulator on two different cars with alternator regulator faults which didn't throw a dashboard light but the battery just gradually ran down - it's surprising how far you can go if the lights etc. are switched off with a full battery that isn't being charged. In my first TDI I managed about 165 miles before it got dark and I switched the lights on which rapidly drained the battery - but this doesn't cause fuses to blow)