Can't dyno my Jetta ?

808tdi

TDI
MK6 Jetta, '01 Beetle
I brought my car in today to get it dynoed, just to see what I was working with, and out of curiosity. They got it ratchet strapped up and then when he was about to do the first pull the TCS and ABS lights come on and the car wont go over 10 mph.... He told me there was no way to dyno the car without disabling traction control, and since I have no way of doing that, the car can't be dynoed
:confused:

I've seen dyno results from mk6 tdi's before on here.... :confused::confused:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Maybe disconnect the abs module? That would cut them out and the code could be cleared later.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
Electronic box B low-type #4, 25
inside fuse panel C #2.
C2 is probably the supply for the logic. 25 Looks like return flow, and B4 looks like the solenoid power supply. You can also just pull the wire connector off the ABS module. Codes will have to be cleared regardless due to the loss of communication with the module during your test.

RDC98tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta 6MT Prem / (RIP) '98 Jetta 5MT [280k+mi]
Savage, do you have a link to a thread or instructions for the TCS disable? Thanks!

ejg3855

Veteran Member
TDI
1Z
cant you just enable teh emergency brake? doesnt that disable all that jazz?

I have no idea to be honest.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I just know that with the likes of fairly modern audi 4x4's you can disconnect the plug for the haldex system to dyno them on a 2 wheel dyno. I'd imagine just pulling the abs plug would be just as easy and the traction control etc is usually part of the abs module.

808tdi

TDI
MK6 Jetta, '01 Beetle
This mod is actually wayyyyyyy easier than I thought. Maybe 20 minutes tops with a kit, and only slightly longer buying all the wiring and fuses individually.