CANCELLED Impex TDI Fest: Saturday, May 21st, 2016

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
X2 what Tom said. If we want this event to continue, we need to support the vendors.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
So he's not coming now. I waited for Impex to have my wheel repaired.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I have not heard from Kory about our event. He will evidently not be at the Impex gasser GTG on Sunday the 15th.
https://www.facebook.com/events/497120103823955/
Kory told me he would be there....I didn't tell him how many sign ups there were but he enjoys our folks more than the gasser kids......however he would like it to be worth his while...that's all I am saying....:rolleyes:

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
I plan to bring two wheels to repair, maybe three if my most recent scratch doesn't buff out. The two I'm bringing will require "bodywork" and paint. The third, if it doesn't buff out, when be a sand/repaint. :)

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hello,

I have some items listed for sale in this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=460829

Short List:

1) AHU head with camshaft - $350
2) AHU injection pumps - $150 and $350
3) K03/K04 hybrid turbo - $400 ***SOLD***
4) Fulton 2500-lb trailer jack - $60
5) 12-inch trailer wheels/tires - $75/pair
6) 13-inch trailer wheels/tires - $150/pair
7) AHU/CTN transmission - $350
8) 14x6" LeCastellet forged alloy wheels with ET38 - $100/set

I can bring any of it to Impex Fest. The turbo may not be on the list because I have two potential buyers. But the other stuff is currently unspoken for.

Scott

Last edited:

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
Sorry guys, my wife informed me last minute of a family event that's happening on Saturday. I will not be attending now. I will certainly try to make it to the next east cost GTG, whether it be one of the lunch hang outs or whatever.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Would anyone be interested in MKIV Jetta sedan Koni coilovers with about 10k miles on them? $1100 OBO.

n1das

TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Lisa and I are still planning to be there and bringing the 535d. :cool:

The 535d recently had its windshield replaced after taking a rock hit over one of the defroster vents and the small crack spidered during the last cold snap. The car got detailed today inside and out so it looks all brand new again. :)

I am bringing VCDS and Bavarian Technic software and cables.

Last edited:

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Lisa and I are still planning to be there and bringing the 535d. :cool:

The 535d recently had its windshield replaced after taking a rock hit over one of the defroster vents and the small crack spidered during the last cold snap. The car got detailed today inside and out so it looks all brand new again. :)

I am bringing VCDS and Bavarian Technic software and cables.
Guess I should clean up my car in the next few days... All this rain has left it's dirt on the car.

I'm interested to see Bavarian Technic.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
we talking rain or shine here?
So I just checked and it looks like EVERY weather outlet is predicting "soaking" rain all day Saturday starting in the wee hours of the AM.

I have no idea what has happened in the past when it has rained because it hasn't rained since I have been attending. Hoping someone with experience will chime in. I'll touch base with Doug and Wil.

n1das

TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Guess I should clean up my car in the next few days... All this rain has left it's dirt on the car.

I'm interested to see Bavarian Technic.
LOL, it's been less than 24 hours since getting the car detailed and birds have already christened it. Going to a DIY (touchless) car wash tonight.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
So I just checked and it looks like EVERY weather outlet is predicting "soaking" rain all day Saturday starting in the wee hours of the AM.
I have no idea what has happened in the past when it has rained because it hasn't rained since I have been attending. Hoping someone with experience will chime in. I'll touch base with Doug and Wil.
I don't think it's close enough to listen to the weather reports yet. There's still a degree of inaccuracy this far out. Especially in Maryland :D

LOL, it's been less than 24 hours since getting the car detailed and birds have already christened it. Going to a DIY (touchless) car wash tonight.
LOL!!! They always do that...

I can hear them now "hey chip, we have a freashly cleaned car... you know what to do..." *Bombs away!*:eek::D

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
It's been many years since a rainy Impex Fest. I think the last time it rained, there was the usual tent for the food, and most of the activities took place inside the shop. Since Doug isn't doing tents, and I'm not sure if attendance will warrant a tent, we should plan to hang out inside. Perhaps shop parking (by the lifts) can be made available for people who want to tinker.

I'm looking forward to it, rain or shine. :)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Perhaps people who have pop-up canopies can be convinced to bring them. I only have a small 5x5, which won't do much good.

82VWPUTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
81 VWPU
TDI Folks, unfortunately it doesn't appear mother nature is going to work with us Saturday. There are a few different forecasts, same theme, .75-1" (some say more) of rain with 15-20mph winds. In fairness to the vendors as well as the lack of indoor space to accommodate we believe it would be best to cancel our gathering. We're looking at rescheduling a future event so, we'll update at a late time. Thanks

clove5

TDI
99.5 golf 1.9l, white, two door
Going

To bad. I was looking forward to this. Talking about it all day...im still willing to make the trip though

Last edited:

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
Last edited: