Canadian Tire front wheel bearings

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Did anyone use them?
They have a 50$ and a 35$ one!
I wonder if they are any good. If they last 100k I would be ok with them.

Vw NewF

Veteran Member
TDI
Bagged And Big Turbo 04 PD, 04.:R32
Have two of them in the front of mine with 70,000kms on them. No noise yet. The more expensive one is Made by SKF

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Stick with the brand name one, they tend to last longer.

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
It's not even the money...H2Sport or Precision, are 50$ so I wouldn't care for 5-15$. It's the convenience of having them in walking distance vs driving 30-50km for them.
But you got me convinced! :)

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
I am in a hurry too! :(
I put VR6 spindles and brakes on this weekend and the guy I got them from said the bearing were good when he took them off. What he didn't say is that they sat in a field or something for a few years :). They were rusted like hell. I hoped since the bearings are sealed they survived, but they didn't.
H2Sport is the closest to me. If they have them in stock I might pay them a visit. I am also waiting on a member here to give me some other options!

TQOOOO

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG & 2008 E320 Bluetec
$33 at autopartsway and they usually deliver next day

ik0n

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon TDI
CarQuest can get FAG bearing's and they can usually get parts for next day too... I don't know about pricing though, you can give them a shout.

Edit: if the more expensive bearing at CT is made by SKF I wouldn't hesitate to go that route.
SKF is a HUGE bearing manufacturer, I doubt you'd have any issues with them...
One of the places where I used to work for my summer job during college, they used SKF (and some NTN) bearings in all of their machinery... They held up VERY well.
FAG, NTN, Enduro, SKF are just some of the bearings I know to be quite reputable... If anyone has experience otherwise, I'd be interested to hear.

Hope this helps!

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Yeah Doc, I stuck a CT China bearing in.... like you, squeezed for time, and it was the only part available...The korean ones are fine, but the one China one I stuck in was garbage in 3 months....Sorry to the MIC guys, but, these parts were junk...(and Ikon, the skf bearings I ended up using were all made in Korea) no problems so far. The one that failed was a generic box, and bearing had China marked on the side....

Last edited:

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
The ones they had in stock are National bearings, I think (the 50$) and Spirex the 35$, or something like that. To be honest, I called them hoping they would have some SKF or something known.
I'm getting mine tomorrow at that GTG in Aurora. I guess I'm driving the Audi there. :) High roller :)