Can VAG-COM tell me if I'm getting enough fuel?

hutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 1, 5 Spd, Graphite Blue / 2002 Jetta GLS, Black w/tan leather
Been looking around here trying to figure out if there is a way to log fuel requested/needed vs actual fuel delivered.

With all the talk of 10mm, 11mm pumps, chipping, being starved for fuel ... I'd like to be able to do some logs to know if I suffer from fuel starvation and to what extent tweaking (IQ settings?) helps the situation.

Don't really have a problem, just wanting to learn more since talking with Jeff & Peter about in tank lift pumps, bigger IPs etc.

There are several things at play here (nozzels etc.) so I'm looking for a way to monitor the relationship of changing parts of the fuel system and what overall effect it has.

Looks like the Engine group 15 smells close to what I need but don't know what the fields actually mean .... Uh, Uwe.

Thanks!

hutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 1, 5 Spd, Graphite Blue / 2002 Jetta GLS, Black w/tan leather
Anyone? Anyone?

jstar89crx

TDI
91 BEW TDI Vanagon
I am still a newbie but in troubleshooting my problem (see post for PD TDI measuring block questions) I was told to look at measuring block 023 for a BEW motor to see values that let you know if you are getting sufficent fuel. Now it could be totally different for your motor if it is not a PD but I think that you want the 023 numbers to be between -50 and -20. If they are over or less than -50 you are getting insufficent fuel or your fuel filter is dirty. Now I am sure someone could give you better info than I but I always feel that when you are getting no response to your posts that any info is better than no info. Hope that helps, Jason

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
I do not know the procedure but have read it can be done. Vag com is slowly improving their site.