Can I put '02 wagon seats in my '01 Golf?

Chasone

Veteran Member
TDI
2001, Golf, Red
Can I put \'02 wagon seats in my \'01 Golf?

I have a chance to buy a new set of '02 Jetta Wagon seats with leather. They look like GTI seats. Anyone have any experience changing these. I believe the plugs are different but other than that it should be a simple bolt in. Correct?

(My Golf is a 4-door so I don't need folding seats)

Thanks in advance for any help.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD

Fronts should be simple, except for the airbag connector. Take a look at the rear seats.
The last Jetta wagon I saw had a different connector for the rear seats. It isn't the same as the earlier Golfs and Jettas.

It has to do with the connection/pivot point of the rear bench. Take a look and make sure they are the same.

IF they are not, you SHOULD be able to disassemble your seats, and re-skin your "frame" to fit in your car. The idea is the wagon's cushions and covers get transfered to your rear seat frame.

I'm not confident that the Wagon's cushions are compatible with your existing "frame" so you'll have to verify it first.

L

SCCAONE

Veteran Member
TDI
03/GOLF

Where were you on Saturday when I put 01 Golf leather seats in my 02 Jetta wagon, Yes the air bag connectons are different, I just changed the seat belts so that connection stayed the same.