Can I install a Monsoon amp/or the speakers in my non-monsoon jetta?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
In the non-monsoon speakers the crossover for the tweeters is in the tweeter. On the monsoon cars, the crossover is in the amp.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
In the non-monsoon speakers the crossover for the tweeters is in the tweeter. On the monsoon cars, the crossover is in the amp.
Ok perfect I will swap the tweeters around then. Thanks! 👍🏼
Worry less and crank up the Rush more! (Bad Canadian joke.)
Haha! Used to listen to them quite a bit, mostly for Peart’s crazy drum stuff, these days it’s more Bruce Cockburn or Stan Rogers if I’m feeling really Canadian 😂😂

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Hey I just found this and was wondering if you can straight wire a aftermarket single din in a mk4 that doesn't have the monsoon system I have no cd changer just the basic stereo system and want to run like a single din JVC or something
Depends on the car. You need a CANbus adapter for 2002 and up. 2001 and below just need a converter harness.

And if anyone else looks at this thread - and I speak from experience - Monsoon is A LOT nicer than stock. But it sucks a$$ compared to the aftermarket amp and subwoofer I have in all of my cars. I wouldn't even waste my time honestly, and it's not a very efficient Class D amp at that.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
The Monsoon radio was OK in its day the the amp in the quarter panel is what I found not needed when I installed my Kenwood.
I yanked all the speaker wires and ran new 18 gauge home wire to the speakers.
When I found the right size speakers in Best BUY clearance I installed those.
Now I can hear the radio on the highway with my windows open. :)