Camshaft replacement

Trevor_Scott

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi sedan
I have recently done a camshaft replacement on my Jetta with 201k miles on it. I had to take it out of time when doing the camshaft. I have the crankshaft locked and in time with cylinder 1 at tdc. How do I know when I have the camshaft at the right position. I am aware this is an interference engine so I’ve been extremely careful with everything I do. I have never taken on a project this big but it needed done and I couldn’t afford the $3000 bill at my local mechanic that works on foreign cars. I have not been able to find another thread going in detail on the camshaft I have only found when replacing the belt which doesn’t help me right now. If anyone knows a thread that does feel free to link it. Thank you all in advance

Trevor_Scott

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi sedan
Thanks farmer boy. I was able to get the car running but now I got more problems after replace cam I was able to find more videos of timing and got that part done. Now when I’m going down the road I hear my turbo spool but it doesn’t build pressure and just dumps black smoke out of the exhaust. If anyone knows of how the intercooling piping runs with every one of the spring clam locations that would be helpful also my next step is to do the zip tie fix to make it open some