Call from VW America.

Santa2ya

TDI
None
Got a call today from VW America apologizing for the delay in my order & offering lunch or dinner on them by way of a $50 gift check. The rep gave me a Passat priority hotline number & said if I had any questions to call them and said my passat's delivery date should be 12/26/11. I am stoked.

Anyone else heard from VW of America?

Last edited:

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Merry Christmas to you!
Steve, I think others lying in wait would appreciate you sharing the "Passat Hotline" number.
Oh, and that GIF image of yours is creeping me out. :~D

Santa2ya

TDI
None
Merry Christmas to you!
Steve, I think others lying in wait would appreciate you sharing the "Passat Hotline" number.
Oh, and that GIF image of yours is creeping me out. :~D
That GIF image also has a muffled voice that says "Can someone let me outta here!" :D

I wonder if the choosen few have more to do with peticular dealers or regions? She did claim that they have spoken with my dealership & that they claimed to have been keeping me up to date on things. I informed her that statement was partialy correct. They kept me informed after I initiated the contact with questions.

Passat priority hotline as given is 1-866-306-8448. I have not called it.

Last edited:

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
That GIF image also has a muffled voice that says "Can someone let me outta here!" :D

I wonder if the choosen few have more to do with peticular dealers or regions? She did claim that they have spoken with my dealership & that they claimed to have been keeping me up to date on things. I informed her that statement was partialy correct. They kept me informed after I initiated the contact with questions.

Passat priority hotline as given is 1-866-306-8448. I have not called it.
Thanks I just called. The regional rep will call me back tomorrow. I've been waiting since late August.

DickSilver

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 B5.5V, 1996 B4V
Way to go VW!! Pissed-off customers with delayed orders are a choice means of advertising....

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Way to go VW!! Pissed-off customers with delayed orders are a choice means of advertising....
Advertising? How is this advertising?

Sounds like VWoA is trying its best at appeasing those of you that are "pissed-off" at the (reality check here!) "unexpected" but totally predictable manufacturing delay. Since they've never had the best customer service infrastructure, it shouldn't be surprising that they're botching that up, as well.

"Gee...let's see now...who gets the free lunch? Do we cut it off at those with a 10 week delay? 13 week? 11 week?"

Sadly, it's similar to making a speech, and singling out individuals to thank. It NEVER works, as there will always be someone that will complain about getting left out.

Somehow we've forgotten, as a society, that patience is a virtue...or maybe I should say USED to be a virtue. I would offer that we've all had the sorry experience of pushing someone to get something done in a hurry when circumstances are screaming at us that we should back off. We all know the result of such recklessness.

I would also like to point out that, for those of you that choose to be "pissed off", you're alienating the most important, for the buyer at least, person in the chain. There's not a whole lot your salesman can do about mismanagement, except to get angry and frustrated at YOU.

Sorry for the rant. I hate to see people struggle with what seems so obvious.

rmeyer23

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Received a voicemail from them the next day. They are still checking. They promised to call me back again by Tuesday next week.
I called last Wed. Said they would call me back Thur. Ended up calling me late Fri and said they didn't know but would call me back today. :confused:

My order is over 2 months old. NOT getting a warm fuzzy from all of this.

Ron M

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
We have become a society where everyone expects instant gratification. Like I said, when I ordered my 2006 Jetta TDI it took over 5 months for it to come in. I don't think it is unreasonable to have these wait times taking all circumstances into account. Follow-up for sure, but expect these things to take some time in the early going.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
I would gladly wait four months for a vehicle if VW allowed more options and custom orders.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Oberkanone: You'd have to pay more for it, as well. As heinous as it is to many here, de-contenting is a necessary evil to keep sales prices down...to sell more cars.

Custom orders? Does any manufacturer at this price point offer custom orders? I think not.

Sparkles

TDI
2012 SEL Premium - 145k miles
I just called and got a weird response.... "The Building has been closed due to an Emergency, please try again later." Anyone think that this has been taken offline?

DZL_Damon

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Loyal Edition
I just called and got a weird response.... "The Building has been closed due to an Emergency, please try again later." Anyone think that this has been taken offline?
Nope... same message when calling to ask why they won't address my non start issue due to water condensing in my intercooler on my TDi. Someone must have pulled the fire alarm so they had a reason to try and get an answer to all of our frozen intercoolers.... I had mine and another womans at work slug our engines with water!!!! :mad:

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
I love those who settled for what was available on the lot and got theirs telling all of us waiting to suck it up!

LOL! You got yours so you are happy, why should you give a dang about the rest of us, huh? Wonder what virtue that falls under?

Considering it takes 2 weeks to build this car, it is NOT unreasonable to EXPECT a faster turn around than 6 months!!! As to the guy with the Jetta Sportswagen, that was coming from EUROPE so that SHOULD take longer.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
I love those who settled for what was available on the lot and got theirs telling all of us waiting to suck it up!

LOL! You got yours so you are happy, why should you give a dang about the rest of us, huh? Wonder what virtue that falls under?

Considering it takes 2 weeks to build this car, it is NOT unreasonable to EXPECT a faster turn around than 6 months!!! As to the guy with the Jetta Sportswagen, that was coming from EUROPE so that SHOULD take longer.
You can't have your cake and eat it too...LOL. In this economy nobody is stocking or keeping an inventory. Absent an explanation from VW as to what is causing the delays we are left to guess. My guess is parts supply issues along with adjustments. There is a ton of demand and they aren't able to meet it currently.

It just so happened that I chose the SE due to standard features and lower price....so in my case I didn't settle....I feel like I got a really good value.

If you want the car with exactly what you want you have to wait. All I had to do was add on some port installed options and I had to wait several weeks for those to come in.

Bottom line...they can't meet demand. Rushing vehicles through then people would be complaining about quality issues. It is a double-edged sword.

Nobody likes to wait...but you can only control how you deal with it.

Sparkles

TDI
2012 SEL Premium - 145k miles
You can't have your cake and eat it too...LOL. In this economy nobody is stocking or keeping an inventory. Absent an explanation from VW as to what is causing the delays we are left to guess. My guess is parts supply issues along with adjustments. There is a ton of demand and they aren't able to meet it currently.

It just so happened that I chose the SE due to standard features and lower price....so in my case I didn't settle....I feel like I got a really good value.

If you want the car with exactly what you want you have to wait. All I had to do was add on some port installed options and I had to wait several weeks for those to come in.

Bottom line...they can't meet demand. Rushing vehicles through then people would be complaining about quality issues. It is a double-edged sword.

Nobody likes to wait...but you can only control how you deal with it.

Nobody is asking for the dealer to rush and make an inferior product, all we are asking for is information.

One would think that if that one model is much more popular than another, wouldn't you adjust your factory output to meed demand. That doesn't mean changing the amount of cars you do daily, just the types of cars you do make each day.

As people have stated here, the SE TDI is readily available, but not the SEL Premiums. VW has known of this issue for months, they could have adjusted parts shipments accordingly.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Sorry. I'll shut up now. I thought I could help, but it seems to be making things worse.

I'm sure we'll meet up in the future, as we deal with potential issues with the 2012 Passat TDI.

Have a great Christmas, and a healthy New Year.

Last edited:

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I got a call back today from a live person (they left me a message). They are actually having phone issues and admitted they it might be difficult trying to call them back. They are to call me back again on Friday as they still don't have an update on where my order is at.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Sorry. I'll shut up now. I thought I could help, but it seems to be making things worse.

I'm sure we'll meet up in the future, as we deal with potential issues with the 2012 Passat TDI.

Have a great Christmas, and a healthy New Year.
You don't have to shut up. I prefer you keep sharing here.:)

Helping in a PRODUCTIVE manner would be preferred to "take what they have or leave it" is not a real, productive solution.

Why have Americans become lemmings and accepting of crappy customer service and willing to take what they are given? They NEED our business and our money.

Really this attitude reminds me of the old Soviet Union and how they had no choices and they were HAPPY with it.

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I got a call back today from a live person (they left me a message). They are actually having phone issues and admitted they it might be difficult trying to call them back. They are to call me back again on Friday as they still don't have an update on where my order is at.
Got another call back from VW America. Both they and dealer (via email) confirmed that I won't get my order until week of 1/23 (though possibly sooner)

JaredM

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI GLS and 2012 Passat SE TDI
I had to get one from out of town. It was less than an hr away...and they delivered the car to me....