Call from VW America.

SEVENBLOCKS

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan 5 speed (sold), 2006 Jetta Sedan TDI 5 speed, 2012 Passat TDI SEL DSG
I ordered mine on 20 July and it came in to Rod East in San Antonio around the 14th of December. I was on a trip so didn't come in to get it until the 21st. However when I arrived the car I ordered had been put in lock down because of a glow plug issue meaning they could not give it to me until VWOA figured out wht happened. So they added $$ to my trade in and sold me an SEL (I had ordered an SE)! Only hitting 50 miles so I can't say much. So far I love it. Rod East put in a good size dealer order for TDI's so they had mine available off the lot. Of course Rod East will go from being a stand alone dealer to one of 125 in a big corporate owner environment on 16 Jan 2012. Kind of sad but a sign of the times!

SEVENBLOCKS

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan 5 speed (sold), 2006 Jetta Sedan TDI 5 speed, 2012 Passat TDI SEL DSG
If you mean did I get an SEL for the price of an SE....no that would have been a really pleasant experience! I was happy with the deal and I am very happy with the car so far. While I was waiting for mine to come in I was told that one of the issues that slows down delivery is not enough rail cars to get cars that have been made out of the factory and to the distribution points. Have no idea if that is true or not.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
If you mean did I get an SEL for the price of an SE....no that would have been a really pleasant experience! I was happy with the deal and I am very happy with the car so far. While I was waiting for mine to come in I was told that one of the issues that slows down delivery is not enough rail cars to get cars that have been made out of the factory and to the distribution points. Have no idea if that is true or not.
Knowing VW they contracted a specific number of rail cars/pickups/deliveries per month to save cost. Now they need more and the rail provider can't supply more.

As well, my understanding is that they fill rail cars to specific zones completely before sending them off. You could be waiting for your zone to have enough to fill it.

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Premium TDI
I agree that at a minimum customers with placed orders should be given a reason for the delays.
All I want is an honest estimate. The salesman told me 8 - 10 weeks when I placed my order on 11/27. Last week he said the wait would be 12 - 14 weeks. I'm worried that the next estimate will be 18 - 20 weeks. You'd think that someone at VW would be capable of forecasting dates.

danielpd

TDI
12 passat TDI SEL
I ordered my car on 9/3/2011 and was told 6 to 8 weeks then it was changed to unknown
ETA I call ed VWoA and the located one that was going into production on 11/10/2011 that car will not be delivered till 1/16/2012 and this car was ordered by some in August
and they canceled I have called VWoA twice and the could not tell me very much I had to keep pushing them to get the info how sad is it that the regional rep is left in the dark about date of production and reasons for the delays in production.

Dan D