California Emissions and a Tuned ALH

ecala001

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf
Will i fail visual testing for Califonia if i get a stage 2 malone and .205 nozzles? I'm afraid it may smoke black when the tech revs the engine.

Also I noticed my cat doesn't have an 02 sensor. I dont see a carb label on it as well. I wonder if I could get an oem cat with no carb label since mine dont have one.

2003 golf ALH 01M . 240K Miles. (surprised tranny still holding up)

nick-w

TDI
Jetta 2002 /1998 mk3
Honestly I wouldn’t worry about it, California does an OBD scan to make sure you don’t have check engine lights or readiness codes. Aside from that if you still have an EGR that looks like it’s working and no crazy mods under the hood or underneath the car from my experiences over the years you’ll be ok.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Will i fail visual testing for Califonia if i get a stage 2 malone and .205 nozzles? I'm afraid it may smoke black when the tech revs the engine.

Also I noticed my cat doesn't have an 02 sensor. I dont see a carb label on it as well. I wonder if I could get an oem cat with no carb label since mine dont have one.

2003 golf ALH 01M . 240K Miles. (surprised tranny still holding up)
Won't fail visual so long as the EGR is still there, OE catalytic converter is still there and the crankcase vent is still intact. Not all places do the snap throttle smoke test.

The other part of this is the engine computer has to have no codes stored and all the readiness monitors need to be set to ready.