bye bye my tdi friends..

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I love how the R line CC is just bling slapped on the CC. There's no power difference between the R-line and base model right? I could be wrong.

either way VWoA is doing their job, repeat customers buying new every few years helps the bean counters.

IRISHpride

TDI
2015 Golf
I love how the R line CC is just bling slapped on the CC. There's no power difference between the R-line and base model right? I could be wrong.

either way VWoA is doing their job, repeat customers buying new every few years helps the bean counters.

you're right with the power plant. pretty much body kit, and badges, and LEDs I don't have to retrofit either ;)

Ace Deprave

Veteran Member
TDI
Former owner of a 2012 Passat SE TDI (traded for a 2015 Golf R)
I wish they would sell the CC as a TDI in the US.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
TDI-R! hahaha

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
The CC is gorgeous. I also really do with they sold a TDI version here in the USA.

Going to have to see how the new A3, A4 and A6 TDIs turn out.

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI SportWagen
i would get one as well if it had a tdi in it...a supped up version :)

charley654

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW S DSG
She is lovely. the CC is more curvy then the passat, The CC looks good.

i hope you did not just make the same mistake I did when I trade my JSW for a BMW 135, I wanted fast and sporty.

The fast and sporty did wear out quick. Specially the hars handling of the tight suspenson. Every time I had to cross a rail road track I gently lifted my but off the seat to reduce the shocking/jolting effect. Every body wanted to race against it, most lost.

one reason I gave it up in favor of the passat TDI was, and this is the major reason:
I had to fill the BMW with premium gasoline and it averaged 20-22mpg. was a frequent visitor at the pump, forking out the cash for primo gasoline.
i actually was limiting my driving due to the fueling budget. While drivng the BMW was lovely, I was grinding my teeth every time... knowing I could have taken my wifes jetta TDI and burn half as much fuel.

Given that the diesel here in Texas is about same as the premium gasoline my fueling cost is cut in half.
I actually want to drive, or should I say I don't mind driving.

I will see you back in a little bit .... mate :)

JdC Machine

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SEL
I would've bought one rather than my Passat had they offered the TDI in it. The CC is a very nice car!

On a side note... Would anything prevent us from using the CC's R-Line grill on our Passats? ;) They look identical. However, the picture makes it look wider than the Passat.

Last edited:

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
If I could a got a 4motion CC w/Manual I'd of jumped on it in a heartbeat, and then slapped a big ole turbo on it. However I just came off an Audi RS6 and that was my first and last automatic drivetrain; that thing could a been one of the best cars of all time but the transmission completely ruined it in every way..

The CC is a Beauty, congrats and enjoy.. I about told em to stop the sale on my TDI when I stumbled across the R line CC in the show room.. until the sales guy gave me the scoop I was quite excited it might be AWD w/a Manual, like the R Golf.. I was disappointed to say the least.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Everything the last one wasn't... except roomy in the back seat. ;)

Enjoy the new CC - they're amazing for the front two passengers and really look sharp. I like the R line a lot. :cool:

Stop in and say hi occasionally! :)

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
Everything the last one wasn't... except roomy in the back seat. ;)

Enjoy the new CC - they're amazing for the front two passengers and really look sharp. I like the R line a lot. :cool:

Stop in and say hi occasionally! :)

I was recently sitting in a restaurant with a Buddy and watched a beautiful black Mercedes pull up at the outside traffic light. I remarked to my Bud "Wow, what a nice Merc!" I was shocked and somewhat chagrined to see the VW badge on the trunk and figure out it was a CC.
And, like a lot of people here the reason I didn't buy one was no TDI and the backseat is headroom challenged.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Same here- beautiful car, but the space from the front seats on back makes it unacceptable to us.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
Wait a minute, all the Benz looking nice curvy lines in the CC (which costs a lot more than out Passats), and the rear seat is not as comfortable (dare I say, hit yourself in the head like a New Beetle backseat passenger?)???

50pascals

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 A6 3.0 TDI Prestige, prior was a 2013 TDI Passat SEL Plus
I also walked over to the CC first. Lack of diesel killed that idea - I will drive roughly 40k per year.

Then my children - 2 of them over 6' tall - saw the back of the Passat - Loved it!

IRISHpride

TDI
2015 Golf
i don't know how tall you guys are but i'm 6 foot even and I fit fine back there. and the 13's have 3 seats in the rear not 2. plenty of leg room too.

Jackpot01

TDI
13 Passat TDI SEL
I can't complain about the CC backseat. I went on a test drive with my parents and the sales guy last year. I sat in the back and im 6'3 and 250lbs. I thought it had ample room, its not as big as the Passat but it was good for me.

FWIW - I would LOVE a TDI CC 4Motion, that would be my car of choice.

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Premium TDI
i don't know how tall you guys are but i'm 6 foot even and I fit fine back there. and the 13's have 3 seats in the rear not 2. plenty of leg room too.
Nice car, but my 16 y.o son is 6' 4", so it would never work for us.

passatv6af

Veteran Member
TDI
B7 6MT
Any update on the grille fitment from the CC to the B7? I know It's a hassle to take out, but if you could take some measurements to see if they're the same size, please and thank you, kind sir :)

JdC Machine

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SEL
Any update on the grille fitment from the CC to the B7? I know It's a hassle to take out, but if you could take some measurements to see if they're the same size, please and thank you, kind sir :)
I'll be picking up my car from the dealer later this week. I'll bring a tape measure with me ;).

IRISHpride

TDI
2015 Golf

didn't have a chance. I've been working a lot of overtime and building a 900sqft house extension.. sucks..but by my tape the B7 is approx 37in and the CC is about 41. from the outside edge to outside edge using center of the headlight as a ref point closest to the grill edge.

like this -\_________/-

Last edited:

VtdiW

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I had an 09 CC VR6. Never heard a complaint about the rear head room.
Love your new car. Good Luck.