Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

harrower

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportswagon
The service group from VW took our title - signed Power of Attorney - removed and brought in our plates and took pictures of the VW. Then she entered into VW return web site. Web site went down before she could complete her entries. She called and was told server went down. After server came back up 90 minutes later, she could not access our file and could not complete the transaction. They got a ticket from their IT department that was to complete the transaction later last night. We would get confirmation via email that it was complete. No email yet. She was able to process other returns after ours. We are now in limbo. Does anyone know who runs the buy back program for VW. I'm looking for someone to call to fix this.
UPDATE:

Called the VW turn in person on Monday and Tuesday to inform them we had not received the email form Chase. Got email Tuesday night and submitted our bank info. Deposit was on our account Wednesday morning. Person working for VW did take our phone calls and kept pressing IT dept to complete the transaction. I appreciate their support because I had no one else to call. The 800 claims people have no idea at the point of the transaction.

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
My turn-in was scheduled for 1730 today, 1/11.

I arrived at the dealer at 1645. My wife showed up at 1700.

We were in her Touareg and heading home by 1715.

Could not have been easier/quicker/smoother.

Tim

26 hours after the turn-in I received the email from Chase to log in and accept my payment.

EFT is now pending. Pop-up said I would have it in 1-2 business days.

Hope the Touareg turn-in goes this smoothly!

Tim

EDIT: Money was in my account the day after I accepted the payment. So, turned-in Wednesday, email from Chase Thursday, money in the bank Friday!

Last edited:

Jamos

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SW
Our buyback is nearly complete as well.
I was nervous, because we had a MIL on, glow plug light flashing and DPF light on. The last two came on just before we parked the car a few months ago.
This is a 2010 Sportwagen with 96k miles.

We had the car towed into the dealership a couple hours early, went home for a bit, and came back for the appointment.
The buy back employee wanted to start the car, check the VIN and mileage, and that was it. Did the paperwork, and got the VW receipt of transfer email when we were still at the dealership.
The chase EFT email came the next day at 5:26 pacific time!

Sad to see the sportwagen go, but we're happy with the buyback amount, and am glad to have this pretty much over.

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Buyback appointment completed a few days ago

EFT was completed surprisingly in two business days

Now the headache of dealing with a rental for hopefully no more than 2 weeks. I'm waiting on my factory order Subaru WRX and the dealership is expecting it next weekend.

Turning in the TDI before the factory order WRX arrives may have been way too early, but I didn't know the EFT would be so quick. I was anticipating some short of lateness as I've read a few horror stories on the forums. I wanted to have the buyback money in hand to buy the WRX out the door and avoiding paying two auto insurances if I did wait to turn in the TDI.

All in all................SCREW YOU VW......You have made this buyback process hell. If VW would have put in a hard working effort to TRY to retain VW loyalist, then they should have put up high rebate incentives. Offering a high rebate incentive could have offset the the horror of the buyback process to bring me back. I hope the VW fanboys/fangirls make smart moves dump VW and take your money elsewhere.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver

Now the headache of dealing with a rental for hopefully no more than 2 weeks. I'm waiting on my factory order Subaru WRX and the dealership is expecting it next weekend.

Turning in the TDI before the factory order WRX arrives may have been way too early, but I didn't know the EFT would be so quick. I was anticipating some short of lateness as I've read a few horror stories on the forums. I wanted to have the buyback money in hand to buy the WRX out the door and avoiding paying two auto insurances if I did wait to turn in the TDI.

All in all................SCREW YOU VW......You have made this buyback process hell. If VW would have put in a hard working effort to TRY to retain VW loyalist, then they should have put up high rebate incentives. Offering a high rebate incentive could have offset the the horror of the buyback process to bring me back. I hope the VW fanboys/fangirls make smart moves dump VW and take your money elsewhere.
Well said:D

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi

You are complaining because you got the money so quickly?

They gave us an extra 1500 of the car for being VW owners. (Owner Loyalty and TDI dealer gift card) . Plus they gave us 28000 dollars for a car we paid 26000 dollars for 3 years ago. And another 500 dollar Visa gift card. So that is 30000 dollars towards a new car. I don't see why you are complaining you got more money than you would have ever gotten for your car if there was not the diesel cheating.

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL
They gave us an extra 1500 of the car for being VW owners. (Owner Loyalty and TDI dealer gift card) . Plus they gave us 28000 dollars for a car we paid 26000 dollars for 3 years ago. And another 500 dollar Visa gift card. So that is 30000 dollars towards a new car. I don't see why you are complaining you got more money than you would have ever gotten for your car if there was not the diesel cheating.
This was well said.

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta

Like I said, I was expecting lateness in payment through previous folks postings.

I've only gained $1k more than what I originally paid for the end of year clearance 2013 Jetta TDI then.......ONLY because I never came close to driving an average of 12,000 miles per year, all due to motorcycle riding. The TDI was turned in at a little over 29,000 miles. If would have drove the car like a typical high mileage TDI driver, I wouldn't have got this much from the buyback. I could have made out for an additional $1k but I was the big ol dummy that missed the Goodwill incentive deadline.

My complaining would be more so to spread persuasion to stop being VW loyalists. Why dump your money back into them from day 1 they had a consistent broken buyback process. Folks just need to be wise with the buyback money on a replacement. VW just dug themselves in the hole with owing billions into buyback money and fines. That gives me the hunch that the lack of money will eventually lead to very poor built VW cars.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Like I said, I was expecting lateness in payment through previous folks postings.

I've only gained $1k more than what I originally paid for the end of year clearance 2013 Jetta TDI then.......ONLY because I never came close to driving an average of 12,000 miles per year, all due to motorcycle riding. The TDI was turned in at a little over 29,000 miles. If would have drove the car like a typical high mileage TDI driver, I wouldn't have got this much from the buyback. I could have made out for an additional $1k but I was the big ol dummy that missed the Goodwill incentive deadline.

My complaining would be more so to spread persuasion to stop being VW loyalists. Why dump your money back into them from day 1 they had a consistent broken buyback process. Folks just need to be wise with the buyback money on a replacement. VW just dug themselves in the hole with owing billions into buyback money and fines. That gives me the hunch that the lack of money will eventually lead to very poor built VW cars.
Poorly built? ~~ Or even BK and down the road motors ~~ in 'merica:confused:

I'm in hold mode with the "fix" vs BB

soooooooooooo confused

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi

You only got a thousand more than you paid for a 4 year old car? Oh the humanity. Wait until you trade your Subaru in 4 years and see how little they give you for it.

VW hasn't dug themselves in a hole at all. They cut their dividend way down last year and payed for the buybacks that way. They are biggest car company in the world. I would have more faith in their existence than a niche player like Subaru who sell less in a year than VW does in a month.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
I guess nobody understands that when you hurt a corporation, you hurt its shareholders, and a dividend "cut way down" hurts shareholders, (who were used to getting the old dividend, and hoping for a dividend increase) the owners of the corporation. The stock price is likely also down from where it would have been without the diesel shenanigans.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
I guess nobody understands that when you hurt a corporation, you hurt its shareholders, and a dividend "cut way down" hurts shareholders, (who were used to getting the old dividend, and hoping for a dividend increase) the owners of the corporation. The stock price is likely also down from where it would have been without the diesel shenanigans.
Yeah I sold my VW shares a couple months before the scandal broke for 50 dollars a share. It went down to 25 dollars a share and now it is at 32 dollars a sahre.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
....who is you -- :confused:

.... you ~~ me thinks ~~ is vw itself :p

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
....who is you -- :confused:

.... you ~~ me thinks ~~ is vw itself :p
"You" is whatever entity is imposing the sanction on the corporation. Read entire sentence. A prior poster thought that the corporation could shield itself from harm by cutting its dividend, and the corporation itself was not harmed.

A corporation is a business entity representing the joint investment of multiple investors.

Of course, when a person tires to turn in a car that they have overtly or subvertly vandalized, against the Judge's ruling, then, if you are that person, its YOU,

Last edited:

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
"You" is whatever entity is imposing the sanction on the corporation. Read entire sentence. A prior poster thought that the corporation could shield itself from harm by cutting its dividend, and the corporation itself was not harmed.

A corporation is a business entity representing the joint investment of multiple investors.

Of course, when a person tires to turn in a car that they have overtly or subvertly vandalized, against the Judge's ruling, then, if you are that person, its YOU,
If I owned VW stock I would gladly have them cut the dividend for a year instead of borrowing 19 billion dollars. I guess I am not retired and depending on a dividend. What I meant was the company will go on producing cars and making large profits.

Jeta Life

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto
Poorly built? ~~ Or even BK and down the road motors ~~ in 'merica:confused:

I'm in hold mode with the "fix" vs BB

soooooooooooo confused
Okie :)

Just take the money and run. Get that Camry you've always dreamed of. I doubt you would dare buy a Passat after the evil and villainous Volkswagen thieves deliberately deceived you. :p;):D:):rolleyes::eek:

Yeah I sold my VW shares a couple months before the scandal broke for 50 dollars a share. It went down to 25 dollars a share and now it is at 32 dollars a sahre.
Volkswagen diesel sales are now dead, but that's the only thing dead.

Next, move on to gassers and EVs. Or if anybody is really so butt hurt over Volkswagen's despicable acts, go buy a bike or a train ticket.

Just don't buy a share of Volkswagen's stock VLKAY. It got as low as $23 a share after news of the scandal. I saw it as a buying opportunity months ago at 29, of course now its 32....

story of my life..everyone gets rich but me :eek:

the stock got as high as about $54 a share late 2013, so its way off its high.

I like to sleep at night so I would not invest on VLKAY during this uncertain time. But of course that is when the speculators make their money...taking a risk VLKAY will rebound...maybe not in a few months...but maybe in a few years

just thinking if I bought VLKAY at about $23 on October of 2015 weeks after the scandal..now it's $32

:eek:

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL

While you may have had some issues ordering a new car (and others as well) the process went fast.

Overall, this process for a settlement of this size moved at light speed. To have settlement money going into people's pockets as soon as 16 months after the initial news discovery is insanely fast.

I had my Golf for just over 2 years and put more than 12,000 miles a year on it. I received almost what I paid for it (more if you take into account the loyalty program). And this is also considering some people think that the 15 owners were messed over on the NADA values.

MacBookemDanno

TDI
'13 Jetta Sportwagen TDI DSG
For those that have turned their TDIs on a Friday, did you get your email from Chase on Saturday evening, or on the next business day??

clendaniel

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Dropped off our Passat at the dealer today...smooth 15min transaction, amount quoted by the ambassador was exactly what I was expecting, and I had an email receipt by the time I walked out the door. Look forward to the Chase email and EFT soon.

--Ian

4bostons

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6M
Turned my car in on Friday the 13th, was hoping to see the email from chase on Saturday. It is now 9:45pm on Saturday and no email, do they send out emails on Saturday?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I haven't turned in a car on Friday, but when I turned in mine on Saturday, I got the email on Monday. Since Monday is a holiday, you probably won't see it until Tuesday (next business day).

NRU73

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GOLF TDI Silver, 5 Speed
We turned our car in on Friday Jan 6 and didn't see the email from Chase until the following Wednesday afternoon.

DSIre

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDI (sold), 2011 A3 TDI, 2015 A3 TDI (Returned)
My Fri Jan 6 turn in had the Chase ETF email on Monday Jan 9 at 8:27 pm.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
Was wondering what happened to you. Hadn't seen your rants in a while.
Thought maybe your GoPro was torn off at the turn in appt and used to bludgeon you into the hospital. Glad to see you made it through unscathed. ;)

So...
Where's that GoPro video of the process??

-T.

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Was wondering what happened to you. Hadn't seen your rants in a while.
Thought maybe your GoPro was torn off at the turn in appt and used to bludgeon you into the hospital. Glad to see you made it through unscathed. ;)

So...
Where's that GoPro video of the process??

-T.
Well.....Weeks after my rant, I started to notice folks posting their post appointment experiences and saw mostly a steady success rate. Also to add, I was too lazy to purchase a chest mount for my GoPro hahaha. I mainly use it for my motorcycle riding which is always on the helmet.

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan
For those that have turned their TDIs on a Friday, did you get your email from Chase on Saturday evening, or on the next business day??

I turned in car on Friday Dec 30. I received Chase email on Monday Jan 2nd 5:26 pm--which was a bank holiday.

twistedcricket

TDI
No TDIs
Turned mine in Friday the 13th. Went in really early (9:30a) for my 10:30a appointment. I was done by 9:40a. Smooth as glass transaction.

I initiated a conversation with a sales guy about the AllTrack...nice car, but they didn't have one on the lot we could test drive. The only one they had (in the showroom) was already sold.

The buyback lady said my bank should have the payoff in 5 business days. I won't hold my breath. I did get a deferred payment on my loan until Feb, so I'm hopeful it'll be done by then.

peace/out

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Our second JSW was sold back yesterday, Sat Jan 14 at the last appointment of the day at the dealership we went to. (6:30pm appointment). We were about 10 minutes late due to kids not getting ready when we had to leave and hitting every light red on the way there. But after the first experience we had (same place), I didn't worry and the buyback specialist, after a little push, remembered us form the first buyback almost a month prior and asked about the music lessons etc that we were on our way to on the first one.

Went very smoothly, and the amount was exactly as expected. I am awaiting the Chase email (with the bank holiday Monday I am hoping by Tuesday).

The specialist was very professional, and the dealership was very accommodating. We were not accosted at all by a salesman or anything.

I chatted with the dealer Ambassador a little as he helped get the plates off. Our V60 was parked next to it so he saw we had a car (this is after all chances at accosting us were past as they had forgotten to get the plate off and I went back in and asked for help). He had had two Volvos in his past and really liked them. I complemented them on the Alltrack as a nice looking vehicle. They had several on the lot but not one in the showroom and since we were not seriously looking (having a new Volvo) I did not ask to see one of the ones on the lot.

All in all it went quickly, professionally, and well done.

Passat15

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE - Sold to VW
It's all over. Turned car in Thursday afternoon. Money in my account this morning, Monday. As long as VW Credit is paid off, I'm completely done with VW.
Rev, I'm on the exact timeline as you are in the buyback process. Turned my car in 1/5 and with VW Credit loan. I know it's a little early compared to others, but has your loan been paid off yet? Mine hasn't. I'm hoping it will be by Friday the 20th.

clendaniel

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Dropped off our Passat at the dealer today...smooth 15min transaction, amount quoted by the ambassador was exactly what I was expecting, and I had an email receipt by the time I walked out the door. Look forward to the Chase email and EFT soon.
--Ian
Chase email received 11:11pm on 1/16...submitted bank information this morning, hoping it'll process for tomorrow or worst case Thurs. Now to keep an eye on my loan to verify payoff. Next payment due 1/26 so hoping it's 'fairly' quick.

Last edited: