Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
And I thought my 23 mile ride to the closest dealer was kind of long. Wow. 160 miles. Good luck!!

roadsurfer

TDI
Q7 A3
Smooth buyback today

First Post but been lurking and learning for weeks now - thanks for all the information everyone!

Turned my A3 in today and got MORE than my buyback letter offer amount not less like I know a lot have. I originally put down Nov 1st and potential buyback date. When I got my offer letter in mid Nov and was able to book the buyback I saw a slot at my local dealer at the end of November but as I stalled to make a cup of tea it change and forced me into December for the next available slot.

Turned out to be a big bonus. Adding the extra month to it with staying in the same mileage category gained me an extra $620 for the few days further delay.
This answers at least one question out there that the number of months beyond Sept 2015 used in the milage calculation starts at the beginning of each month so we're now in month 15 for Dec 2016.

I'd suggest when your ready to book your buyback date to run some mileage calculations to see if waiting for another month may be worth it especially if you're able to stay within your mileage bracket.

The other thing - Having read this forum I wasn't going to leave without some sort of receipt of the buyback but when I said that she said no problem you will receive an email from VW straight away and I did. Within seconds of her submitting my mileage info etc on the app the email came through giving me the evidence I needed before leaving the dealership. So Im guessing their improving the response time based upon the feedback from this forum.

Now I'm just waiting for the Chase email ..

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Notary at Buyback site?

Quick question... is there a Notary on site at the dealership? I have the title, free and clear. Only my name on the title. To transfer ownership the title must be signed and notarized. I assume they are doing this at the buyback appointment.
My buyback is tomorrow and want to make sure it goes smoothly.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Quick question... is there a Notary on site at the dealership? I have the title, free and clear. Only my name on the title. To transfer ownership the title must be signed and notarized. I assume they are doing this at the buyback appointment.
My buyback is tomorrow and want to make sure it goes smoothly.
Dealerships should always have a notary on staff to process purchases and sales. Only concern would be if you had a late night appointment. Just call the dealer and ask.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
No, one of the documents you will be signing at the turn in is a power of attorney that authorizes Volkswagen of America to complete the title transfer. You will give them your title, unsigned, and they will take it and deal with the paper work after the turn in session is over.

DigitalTDI

TDI
2013 Passat SE
I just dropped off my privately financed TDI yesterday at Vacaville, VW in CA. During the transaction, I immediately got the email receipt and upon login to the VW claims website, it now states that my transaction is complete.

I selected EFT and I'm on pins & needles waiting for this email to come in. After reading this thread, if I had to do this all over again, I think I would have done a physical check instead of EFT.

Hoping for the best!

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
I just dropped off my privately financed TDI yesterday at Vacaville, VW in CA. During the transaction, I immediately got the email receipt and upon login to the VW claims website, it now states that my transaction is complete.

I selected EFT and I'm on pins & needles waiting for this email to come in. After reading this thread, if I had to do this all over again, I think I would have done a physical check instead of EFT.

Hoping for the best!
Keep calm and carry on, as they used to say on the World War 2 British signs during the Blitz. If you got the VW completion of transaction e-mail, the Chase EFT e-mai will arrive in a business day or two. When you fill it out, they will make you select a password (I am not sure why you need a password. You are only on this site once)

When selecting a password, be careful to select one that meets their requirements. Otherwise, it will not let you continue to select "secret questions and answers".

Finally, you will get to the point where you enter your bank routing number and your account number. And then hit the button to be paid. They will initiate the transaction immediately, and you should see the money in your account within a business day.

I registered and initiated the payment at 9 pm on Monday night, and the money was there the next morning.

DigitalTDI

TDI
2013 Passat SE
Keep calm and carry on, as they used to say on the World War 2 British signs during the Blitz. If you got the VW completion of transaction e-mail, the Chase EFT e-mai will arrive in a business day or two. When you fill it out, they will make you select a password (I am not sure why you need a password. You are only on this site once)

When selecting a password, be careful to select one that meets their requirements. Otherwise, it will not let you continue to select "secret questions and answers".

Finally, you will get to the point where you enter your bank routing number and your account number. And then hit the button to be paid. They will initiate the transaction immediately, and you should see the money in your account within a business day.

I registered and initiated the payment at 9 pm on Monday night, and the money was there the next morning.
Thanks for the heads up on what to expect next with the Chase email! Everyone on the forums have been super helpful.

I happen to skim the TDI Claim spreadsheet again and it looks like I may be the first person (who has reported on the spreadsheet) to turn in their car with money still owed to the bank.

pantzer

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Just returned from dropping off my Passat TDI in Cary, NC. The process, from greeting the ambassador outside, to leaving his office with a complete transaction, took maybe 10 minutes. While in the office, I got the VW buyback email receipt before he'd even told me the amount. No surprises, and the process couldn't have been easier.

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Wow, it was that easy.

My 15 minute Buyback experience.... (VW dealer in Raleigh)

- arrived on time
- met consultants
- provided ID and title
- consultants went outside to confirm mileage and VIN#. NOTHING else!
- signed POA and mileage statement
- printed out receipt, emailed receipt, and made copies of paperwork
- no pressure to buy another vehicle
- shook hands and left

Waiting on email and EFT from Chase.

Peace out my brothers and sisters!

Last edited:

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
The lady didn't start my car or anything. She hung the mirror tag, took some pictures, and that was it. She never asked to see my ID or registration. I have her the title and paperwork and she processed it.

Rexwell

TDI
2013 JSW (R.I.P. - buyback)
Almost done!

I just returned from my buyback appointment. Easy-peasy.

I kept my all-weather mats, velcro mat for the storage blocks, 4 blocks, and my first aid kit. Left the spare, jack, radio, rims, and everything else.

I hit the "reset to factory settings" to try and wipe and reference to my smart phone info but that didn't do the trick. I should have probably read up on that ahead of time. After the buyback was complete I noticed my phone tried to connect when they pulled the car into the dealer garage...so if you want to ensure your phone contacts, call history, etc are erased there's probably another step involved. Oh well, I'm not that worried about it.

No pressure from the dealer though the sales manager did come introduce himself and make some chit-chat with me when I volunteered information about the '17 GSW I have on order with a different dealer. I took that opportunity to express my disappointment in them when I came by in September to tell them my story and ask about the GSW 4-Motions. I was basically laughed at and told that I was "probably the hundreth person" to come in wanting to get that very car on order. Fine, I'll take my business elsewhere (and did!)

I'm told to expect an email from JP Morgan Chase now.

Sad to let this great little car go but I'm convinced it will never be worth this much money again.

This may be my last post around these parts...thanks all for the great info regarding this buyback, it really helped me expedite this whole process.

Cheers!

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I turned mine in yesterday at 1:30 and received the Chase email about 5 minutes ago to get my money. Hopefully it's in my account tomorrow morning.

dlewallen

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Turned my 2014 Jetta in today. I was the first return for that ambassador. He told me everything looked great, and my mileage was well within the limits for a full pay. His records showed my buyback offer, but when he did the receipt, it showed the actual buyback amount about $450 less than my official offer. I asked him why, and he didn't know , but advised me to use the claim number to voice my question(standard answer). He then gave me a paper receipt, and I got my email receipt at the same time. I asked if he wanted to see my id and my wife's id, and he said no, that I looked like the uploaded ID I submitted. I said what about my Wife's ID, and he said I didn't need it, because my title said "my name OR my wife's name". I told him I had argued that point to claims rep, but she insisted I needed my wife's also. So much for that reliable info. Now just waiting on my transfer info email. I also asked him about condition of the return cars and he said they were told in training that as long as the car was running under it's own power they were to go ahead with the buyback. My cat was in perfect condition with all of its parts.

Cosmo1953

TDI
VW Jetta SportWagen

I took my 2013 JSW (38854 miles) to the dealer Tuesday, 12/6 @ 2:30pm. Took about 15 minutes. I got an email from Chase @ 8:30pm Wednesday, 12/7. Waiting for funds to arrive in my bank account. :)

Update: $25,786.73 transferred to my bank account 12/8 @ 9:30am
Peace Out!

Last edited:

heehaw

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I submitted my car at 12pm yesterday. They told me the Buyback App crashed Nationwide and no one could get a processed receipt. Yet, some of you, who turned in yesterday after me, have already gotten you EFT email? ***!!! I'm really getting pissed off!

All I got was an email from them saying the system was having technique difficulties and that they were working on resolving it. No, car, no title, no keys, no receipt...... Lucky me!

I turned mine in yesterday at 1:30 and received the Chase email about 5 minutes ago to get my money. Hopefully it's in my account tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Yukon4Runner

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf (buyback) 2015 Golf Sportwagen (buyback buy)
Don't worry, they're all lying....everyone got screwed yesterday.

You are not alone.

I submitted my car at 12pm yesterday. They told me the Buyback App crashed Nationwide and no one could get a processed receipt. Yet, some of you, who turned in yesterday after me, have already gotten you EFT email? ***!!! I'm really getting pissed off!

All I got was an email from them saying the system was having technique difficulties and that they were working on resolving it. No, car, no title, no keys, no receipt...... Lucky me!

AlanTDI

Veteran Member
Long Island NY, relocating to Louisiana next week
TDI
1996 Passat wagonTDI, 02 jetta sedan, on the dark side 2017 Rav4
I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones, turned in 1:30pm yesterday.
First for the Hicksville Long Island dealer

never got my email receipt, but called Claims number and they have it as turned in. Got email last night that there was a problem and they are working on it, and it shouldn't effect EFT.

TornadoTDI2010

TDI
2010 Golf
I returned my TDI today at Flow in Greensboro. It took less than 10 minutes total. I received a paper receipt and an e-mail receipt (immediately). Process was easy and painless. I hope the EFT process goes as well. I feel for those of you still waiting for an offer. VW has really taken too long on many of those.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I returned my TDI today at Flow in Greensboro. It took less than 10 minutes total. I received a paper receipt and an e-mail receipt (immediately). Process was easy and painless. I hope the EFT process goes as well. I feel for those of you still waiting for an offer. VW has really taken too long on many of those.

..... and should be penalized for their crappolla

.... like $5 ~~ $10 per day

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
Just got back from my buyback appointment. All was pretty painless. Take pics, plunk miles in the app, sign the title away and mileage statement, and shake hands.

Bittersweet day, but I am glad it's over. :( :cool:

I did go over early and swap out my Kenwood head unit for the broken stock one. Not sure how to sell it..

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Did anyone get a number for CHASE? What is the timeframe for getting an email from them? I turned my vehicle in yesterday. I see where some people are getting a email from Chase within 24 hours.

Still waiting? :(

dlewallen

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Did anyone get a number for CHASE? What is the timeframe for getting an email from them? I turned my vehicle in yesterday. I see where some people are getting a email from Chase within 24 hours.
Still waiting? :(
I turned mine in yesterday at 1:00PM, and got my Chase email tonight at 7:30 tonight. The email "VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA sent you a payment. As a new customer to Chase Payments, click "Accept Money" below and create a user ID and password to log on to our secure website. After logging in you will be asked to provide account information. You will need to have a US bank account and US mailing address to receive your payment electronically. If you have any questions about this payment, please contact VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA at 844-982-5246."

When I clicked "Accept Money" it churned for a long time, and then gave me a Chase login screen with an error message at the top that said "an unexpected error occurred contacting the service. Please try again". There was no provision to create a password. I tried again about 5 times, and still the same result (is that the definition of insanity "trying the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result"). Guess I'll try again later.

Anyone else experience this?