Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

ELVATO

TDI
13 Passat SE
Just got my appointment email. Set it for 22nd of Dec.

Got offer the 26th, uploaded notarized docs on 27th.

Looks like a 5-6 business day turn around for that. Didn't check too many Orlando dealers, but earliest I saw was 20th of Dec.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
If your notary uses an embosser (raised stamp) that doesn't show on a scanner,
1. Have the notary use an ink stamp instead of, or in addition to, the embosser. There's simply no reason to use an embossing seal any more.

2. If (1) fails, you can also shade the raised part of the embossed seal with a pencil.

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Just got my appointment email. Set it for 22nd of Dec.
Got offer the 26th, uploaded notarized docs on 27th.
Looks like a 5-6 business day turn around for that. Didn't check too many Orlando dealers, but earliest I saw was 20th of Dec.
10 business day turn around, confirmed this morning; buy back at Orlando's David Maus on the 22nd of Dec.

iker42

TDI
97 Passat
Notary Stamp MUST BE VISIBLE in scanned docs.
Uploaded my notarized offer sometime back. Finally got a rejection notice because the notary used an embossing stamp (crimp) instead of an ink stamp. This will put you to the back of the line for review.
If your notary uses an embosser (raised stamp) that doesn't show on a scanner, lay it face down on an ink pad and gently rub over the back. Oh, and good luck finding an ink pad these days.
Mine was just rejected for missing pages, did you guys upload the two signed sheets or all 7?

CK_TDI

TDI
11 Golf
I have been failing to access the spreadsheet in order to update my CK_TDI entry for the offer to schedule. Here is that info and if someone else gets into the spreadsheet feel free to update my line...

2016.09.21 Upload Registration, DL ID, and Consent To Release Loan
2016.10.17 Document Review complete
2016.10.25 Court approval
2016.11.01 Start of VW clock for compliance
2016.11.21 Offer letter
2016.11.22 Notarized letter returned
2016.12.03 Schedule to Appointment opened.
2017.01.06 Soonest Available Date Set (NW Indiana)

iker42

TDI
97 Passat
You didn't save it or have it in your downloads? If not they will have to reset your step because the QR code is specific to your claim.
I have the original print out but it was at home, if I could have reprinted I would've been able to upload this morning.

It's reuploaded now. Back to waiting.

mc4nam

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Dsg
Docs returned to VW Notarized on Nov. 29th. Just got approved email today 12/5/16. Earliest appointment at my approved dealer was 12/29/16. Next was 1/4/17.

I chose 1/4/17 to possibly take advantage of the Superbowl day of car purchasing...The last day of the year.

I would add to spreadsheet but it will not open.

DieselFairy

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
Must be a lot of people checking the spreadsheet today. I keep getting this message from Google:

Wow, this file is really popular! It might be unavailable until the crowd clears. Try again.

Anyone know the average between documents approved and the offer letter? We're still prepping my replacement vehicle for the Jetta (2004 Subaru Forester). I'm trying to avoid driving the Jetta as much as possible.

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL
CT Appointment

1. Have the notary use an ink stamp instead of, or in addition to, the embosser. There's simply no reason to use an embossing seal any more.
2. If (1) fails, you can also shade the raised part of the embossed seal with a pencil.
I must have been lucky. He used the embosser with no ink.

Documents Approved 10/31
Offer Received 12/01
Notarized and Uploaded 12/01
Appointment Email Received 12/06

Private finance

sbh1973

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
Buyback Appointment Scheduled

Uploaded Docs - 10/25
Approved - 11/28
Submitted Notarized Offer - 12/1
Buyback Scheduling - 12/6
Buyback Date - 12/23

Two months from upload to buyback. I missed the October 11 email about uploading the docs, probably could have had this done by now.

My 2013 JSW has been parked for nearly five months. I'm now driving a 2015 BMW 328i Sportwagen, got it for $38k with 1500 miles. Loving it. But overall, the TDI was a decent car. And it will be the best car deal I'll ever have. Here's the bottom line:

2013 JSW SEL:
OTD price (July 2013): $28800 - 100% financed at 0.0%.
Buyback: $26600.00
Loyalty Cash: $1000.00

Total cost to own for 37 months of driving: $1200, or $32.43/month.

But, if you figure inflation at c.1.5% eating away the value of the free money I got from VW, it was basically free, not withstanding NC road taxes, gas, and insurance.

Yep, a free car for 3 year and 40k miles. Thanks VW! The pleasure was all mine!

luckychef28

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Premium
2014 Jetta TDI

Docs uploaded 10/3
Docs approved 11/3

Still waaaaiting on an offer…

Financed VW Credit
Purchased in MA, now living in MD

TomStork

TDI
Jetta SportWagen
Getting Close?

Must be a lot of people checking the spreadsheet today. I keep getting this message from Google:

Wow, this file is really popular! It might be unavailable until the crowd clears. Try again.

Anyone know the average between documents approved and the offer letter? We're still prepping my replacement vehicle for the Jetta (2004 Subaru Forester). I'm trying to avoid driving the Jetta as much as possible.
I've only been looking at other VW Credit cases, since the form of financing (whom, if anyone, they need to get details from) really seems to matter. My impression -- not backed up by actual analysis -- is that paid off cars are getting offers faster.

I uploaded on 25 October and got word documents were complete on 1 November. They told me after about a week that it would take 10 business days. Last week -- after a month -- they said it would take about a month. Yeah, um...

But iit looks as though they have started to get offers to people with about the same date of completion (and VW Credit) over the past few days. There are some who completed earlier and don't have offers yet, and some a little bit later who already have offers. Go figure.

Has anyone heard/said/tried to instigate anything about the punitive damages VW is supposed to be liable for, if their settlement offers take longer than stipulated in the agreement?

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
I've only been looking at other VW Credit cases, since the form of financing (whom, if anyone, they need to get details from) really seems to matter. My impression -- not backed up by actual analysis -- is that paid off cars are getting offers faster.

I uploaded on 25 October and got word documents were complete on 1 November. They told me after about a week that it would take 10 business days. Last week -- after a month -- they said it would take about a month. Yeah, um...

But iit looks as though they have started to get offers to people with about the same date of completion (and VW Credit) over the past few days. There are some who completed earlier and don't have offers yet, and some a little bit later who already have offers. Go figure.

Has anyone heard/said/tried to instigate anything about the punitive damages VW is supposed to be liable for, if their settlement offers take longer than stipulated in the agreement?
Damages if any do not go to us. I can also tell you that my paid for, clean title paperwork was submitted on 9/19 and I still do not have an offer, so don't feel to bad.

luckychef28

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Premium
Can someone tell me what Step 16 says on the VWGOA site? I've been stuck at 15 (documents approved) for over a month now.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
For what it is worth, the spreadsheet shows about a quarter of the people reporting that they have been able to make buyback appointments.

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Can someone tell me what Step 16 says on the VWGOA site? I've been stuck at 15 (documents approved) for over a month now.
We received our final offer at 9am this morning. The next steps are Step 16 and Step 17, which are to download and print the offer, sign the offer sheet, sign and have notarized the release of claim, then return those documents via upload, fax, or mail.

mikee

TDI
2012 Jetta
Got my buyback appointment

Initial submission: 8-9-16
Docs Accepted: 11-4-16
Offer received: 12-6-16
Notarized and returned: 12-6-16
Accepted: 12-7-16
Scheduled for: 12-30-16

2012 Jetta TDI
Financed through VW Credit.

Am buying a 2017 Jetta GLI

mstnggt

TDI
2012 VW Passat
If you look at the spreadsheet it looks like they are skipping the 11/1 people (VW Credit) and moved on to the 11/2 and 11/3 people. Can't wait for this to be over!! :D

slimphatty

TDI
'15 Golf S DSG
I just submitted my papers this morning. I'm hoping to have my car bought back by February/March. Bought my tdi 9/3/15 and it's financed.

I have a question: I installed a hitch and put tint on my car. Do I get an compensation for these two items? I'm especially concered about the hitch and if I do get compensated I will be taking it off. Hitch with cost and installation was around $800 and the car tint was $300. I have receipts for both things. Can anyone fill me in?? THANKS!

Time to look for a used car! woohoo!

blackhat840

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL BLUE/Black Leather
I just submitted my papers this morning. I'm hoping to have my car bought back by February/March. Bought my tdi 9/3/15 and it's financed.

I have a question: I installed a hitch and put tint on my car. Do I get an compensation for these two items? I'm especially concered about the hitch and if I do get compensated I will be taking it off. Hitch with cost and installation was around $800 and the car tint was $300. I have receipts for both things. Can anyone fill me in?? THANKS!

Time to look for a used car! woohoo!
No, you'll get no additional compensation for 3rd party additions to your vehicle. This has been asked about 1000 times on this forum. I would suggest using the search function in the future.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
No, you'll get no additional compensation for 3rd party additions to your vehicle. This has been asked about 1000 times on this forum. I would suggest using the search function in the future.
Not only has it been asked '1000 times', but the answer has been the same in each and every case.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
By the time I determine the outcome for the JSW, I will also be able to determine what to do with the hitch. I like the looks of the Alltrack and maybe the hitch will fit, but am not sure that I'll buy another new VW without a diesel engine.

candis206

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Status

I thought I'd finally share our experience during the buyback. I did enter my information into the spreadsheet but have not checked it, mainly since nothing has happened.

I registered for the settlement site back in September but did not upload my documents until 10 October 2016. I actually did not know about the requirement until coming across this forum.

On 07 November the document review was completed and like so many others, I am still waiting. We are actually in the process of completing a military move this month and I have to provide a poa to my realtor in order to turn the car in.

After getting nowhere with the claims hotline I finally contacted my attorney general for the state of Virginia via Email three days ago. Yesterday, I received a call back from one of the attorneys at his office, directing me to the plaintiffs settlement group in order to inquire about my process. He also instructed me to call him back if I cannot get anywhere with them. He told me that we have to exhaust the claims number, and plaintiffs settlement route before he can contact the attorneys up in DC. Today, I will call him back so he can go the DC route. He was instructed by the attorneys in DC to first insure that all other avenues have been taken, before contacting them.

He also informed me that VW is still behind. At this point, they are running a minimum of 3 weeks behind the longest stated schedule, which could drag things for some owners out for months. He stated that VW claims to be working on this but that he does not see much progress.

I'm hoping that his contacting of the attorney in DC will aid my case in moving forward as it has been 23 business days and 32 days since my documents were marked complete.

This means that if your documents are behind you need to contact your attorney general's office in order for them to contact the attorneys involved in the settlement.

Hope this helps someone else.

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL
I thought I'd finally share our experience during the buyback. I did enter my information into the spreadsheet but have not checked it, mainly since nothing has happened.

I registered for the settlement site back in September but did not upload my documents until 10 October 2016. I actually did not know about the requirement until coming across this forum.

On 07 November the document review was completed and like so many others, I am still waiting. We are actually in the process of completing a military move this month and I have to provide a poa to my realtor in order to turn the car in.

After getting nowhere with the claims hotline I finally contacted my attorney general for the state of Virginia via Email three days ago. Yesterday, I received a call back from one of the attorneys at his office, directing me to the plaintiffs settlement group in order to inquire about my process. He also instructed me to call him back if I cannot get anywhere with them. He told me that we have to exhaust the claims number, and plaintiffs settlement route before he can contact the attorneys up in DC. Today, I will call him back so he can go the DC route. He was instructed by the attorneys in DC to first insure that all other avenues have been taken, before contacting them.

He also informed me that VW is still behind. At this point, they are running a minimum of 3 weeks behind the longest stated schedule, which could drag things for some owners out for months. He stated that VW claims to be working on this but that he does not see much progress.

I'm hoping that his contacting of the attorney in DC will aid my case in moving forward as it has been 23 business days and 32 days since my documents were marked complete.

This means that if your documents are behind you need to contact your attorney general's office in order for them to contact the attorneys involved in the settlement.

Hope this helps someone else.
I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

I was about a week ahead of your 11/07 date. I got my buy back scheduled

I wish we could switch positions. While I really want to get this over with you are in a tough situation.