Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

traction

TDI
2012 JSW
If you are financed through VW Credit, there is a payoff section and you can view any Payoff Request History to see if anyone inquired about a payoff amount in the last X amount of time.

I am curious for those that received their offers and are financed through VW - do you see anything on this page? My docs were approved 3-4 weeks ago yet I haven't seen any requests show up there.

I can double confirm that the site showed nothing as far as payoff requests. My offer came yesterday (11/27/16).

Eggieztdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Man. 2015 TDIs
I am now past my 10 day timeline to receive offer. I'm not mad.. It's that VW is my 16 year old daughter, and I'm "just... disappointed". Haha, but seriously, we all saw this coming, it sucks, but live and laugh everyone, live and laugh!

tarasin921

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I can double confirm that the site showed nothing as far as payoff requests. My offer came yesterday (11/27/16).
So, just because there is no payoff quote in the history on my vwcredit page, it doesn't necessarily mean that they haven't looked into it?

I'm trying to be patient, but there have been no payoff inquiries on my account and I'm at 18 days (not counting weekends and holidays) since my documents were approved.

traction

TDI
2012 JSW
So, just because there is no payoff quote in the history on my vwcredit page, it doesn't necessarily mean that they haven't looked into it?
I'm trying to be patient, but there have been no payoff inquiries on my account and I'm at 18 days (not counting weekends and holidays) since my documents were approved.
No, I even went as far as calling VWCredit and the officer said there were no inquiries. Curiously I got my offer 3 days later and there had been no change online. This was the Friday after Thanksgiving. My offer did show a payoff amount which does not exactly match my actual payoff (its off by 30ish dollars) so i'm not sure where they got their info.

jimbo1mcm

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM Blue 2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM's Silver and Blue
Looks like no one in Connecticut that was financed by VW has gotten an offer yet. Interesting.

jjm

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE; 2017 Golf TSI Wolfsburg (replaced 2012 Golf Hatch (Bought back by VW)
I see this sheet is tracking buybacks only. How many out there are opting for the emissions "fix"? I am going for the buyback on my 2012 but thinking the fix on the 2015 GSW is my preference, depending on the impact on performance. I did return the offer documents, opting for the fix on the 2015, figuring once it is approved and the performance dings are published, I can change over to a buyback if I prefer.

tarasin921

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I see this sheet is tracking buybacks only. How many out there are opting for the emissions "fix"? I am going for the buyback on my 2012 but thinking the fix on the 2015 GSW is my preference, depending on the impact on performance. I did return the offer documents, opting for the fix on the 2015, figuring once it is approved and the performance dings are published, I can change over to a buyback if I prefer.
Per the statement from the court yesterday, there are only about 3500 individuals opting for the fix. Not sure how many are on this thread or even aware of the spreadsheet. If there are 470,000 class members in total and the spreadsheet only represents a very small fraction of the total class.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Per the statement from the court yesterday, there are only about 3500 individuals opting for the fix.
No, the report indicates that out of 222k owners' claims so far (see page 28), 35k (see page 29) chose the fix. That's about 15%. Not a majority, to be sure, but a substantial minority.

tarasin921

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
No, the report indicates that out of 222k owners' claims so far (see page 28), 35k (see page 29) chose the fix. That's about 15%. Not a majority, to be sure, but a substantial minority.
I always tell my kids that a missing zero can make such a big difference. :D

I read through the document late last night and although 15% is not a majority, it might be a good idea to start tracking those claims as well. I'm curious too!

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL
Offer in CT

Got my offer today.

Updated spreadsheet. Documents approved on 10/31 and got offer today (12/01)

hla44

TDI
2014 Beetle, sun/sound/nav
I also tried to open the spreadsheet just now, and could not. I was really looking forward to updating my info. I received my offer yesterday, (privately financed), and uploaded the notarized offer today. My docs were approved on 10/28.

abassler

TDI
2014 Jetta Premium
Offer in TX

My documents were approved on 11/17 and I just received my offer today (12/1). I have a lease through VW credit and I opted for the emissions fix. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to actually pay us? I'm anxious to put this all behind me. They made quite a mess for their customers.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
They won't pay you until you have the fix done. Since no fix has been approved yet, it could be quite a while.

abassler

TDI
2014 Jetta Premium
They won't pay you until you have the fix done. Since no fix has been approved yet, it could be quite a while.
I don't see that anywhere. What I do see in my contract is this "If your vehicle is a Model Year 2015.... you receive 2/3 now and the remaining payment after the mod." I have a 2014 lease... Does this mean that only 2015 models will receive a payment now, or does it mean that only 2015 models have to wait until after the fix?

shovelhd

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
I don't see that anywhere. What I do see in my contract is this "If your vehicle is a Model Year 2015.... you receive 2/3 now and the remaining payment after the mod." I have a 2014 lease... Does this mean that only 2015 models will receive a payment now, or does it mean that only 2015 models have to wait until after the fix?
The 2015 is a two stage fix. Flash first, hardware second. You get 2/3 after the flash and the rest after the hardware about a year later. You get nothing until the fix is applied, and it's not yet available.

abassler

TDI
2014 Jetta Premium
The 2015 is a two stage fix. Flash first, hardware second. You get 2/3 after the flash and the rest after the hardware about a year later. You get nothing until the fix is applied, and it's not yet available.
Wait a min... so those who decide to terminate their lease (or the buyback for those who purchased their vehicles) will receive their funds prior to the fix (for obvious reasons)? Isn't the offer amount the same regardless of your selection (regarding leases)? If so.... screw vw I'll go buy a new car, rather than waiting around for them to decide how they are going to make my car run like sh*t.

Now I understand why only 15% of those affected chose the mod.

RedBug

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle Convertible - sold back
More progress!

So far ... (Still not on spreadsheet)
Signed up 9/7
Uploaded paper work 9/24
Reviewed 10/21
Offer letter received 11/22
Notarized and uploaded 11/23
Notified of acceptance 12/1
Return scheduled for 12/15 in the evening...
Financed through VW with outstanding balance.

scottb8888

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Offer Notarized and returned on 11/20
Received and scheduled return 12/1
Return date 12/16

2014 Passat
Lease with VW Credit

can't update spreadsheet but will try in the am

visortgw

Veteran Member
TDI
None: 2012 JSW with Sunroof (traded pre-scandal); 2014 JSW with Sunroof/Nav (early lease termination 12/17/2016)
Offer received, signed, notarized, and uploaded: 11/20
Received and scheduled return: 12/1
End-of-lease inspection: 12/16
Return date: 12/17

2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI
Leased from VW Credit

kc1174

TDI
Was a 2015 A3 Prem Plus
Wait a min... so those who decide to terminate their lease (or the buyback for those who purchased their vehicles) will receive their funds prior to the fix (for obvious reasons)? Isn't the offer amount the same regardless of your selection (regarding leases)? If so.... screw vw I'll go buy a new car, rather than waiting around for them to decide how they are going to make my car run like sh*t.
Now I understand why only 15% of those affected chose the mod.
I'm in a similar situation and have a lease on a 2015 A3 and decided to just turn it in. There isn't much point in us waiting for a fix. I don't even know why they gave lessees that option. Anyway, all I needed to do was look at the residual value on my lease and current value to decide to give it back. I have 2 years left on the lease and a residual of $21k. The current kbb value of my car at its current 15k miles is $23k thanks to the scandal, and I highly doubt it'll only depreciate by $2k in the next 2 years, so it makes no financial sense to keep it other than I have a car to use. I had planned to buy mine at the end too.. I was thinking about having the mod done, see how it runs, and then terminate the lease and haggle over buying it then, but I don't have that kind of time or patience.

kc1174

TDI
Was a 2015 A3 Prem Plus
Offer received, signed, notarized, and uploaded: 11/20
Received and scheduled return: 12/1
End-of-lease inspection: 12/16
Return date: 12/17
2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI
Leased from VW Credit
Nice! Did you have to contact the dealer yourself to schedule the inspection or is that something they schedule on the claim site too?

visortgw

Veteran Member
TDI
None: 2012 JSW with Sunroof (traded pre-scandal); 2014 JSW with Sunroof/Nav (early lease termination 12/17/2016)
Nice! Did you have to contact the dealer yourself to schedule the inspection or is that something they schedule on the claim site too?
Another call (with its associated excessive hold time) to VW Credit. I was transferred to their lease termination department. The rep scheduled the earliest available date, which happened to be the day before my lease termination appointment. I can see the lack of available inspection appointments to be an issue as more and more lease terminations are actually scheduled, especially since it isn't clear in the info provided that it is up to the consumer to separately schedule.

kc1174

TDI
Was a 2015 A3 Prem Plus
Another call (with its associated excessive hold time) to VW Credit. I was transferred to their lease termination department. The rep scheduled the earliest available date, which happened to be the day before my lease termination appointment. I can see the lack of available inspection appointments to be an issue as more and more lease terminations are actually scheduled, especially since it isn't clear in the info provided that it is up to the consumer to separately schedule.
Cheers! Yeah that makes sense! I had assumed the lease turn in inspection would be at the same time as the termination appointment since as soon as everything's signed and they have the keys, they're accepting the car as it is. Mine has been parked for a month so I may just get this inspection done asap at my chosen dealer and leave it there and then wait for my appointment (offer returned but nothing scheduled yet). Let us know how it goes!

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Wow, this file is really popular! It might be unavailable until the crowd clears.

Can't access the spreadsheet. The above is the message I get instead.

Cseress

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I spoke with one of the class action attorneys last night and mentioned this to him, he was very bothered that there might be some picking and choosing like this. He was going to bring it up to the firm, he works directly for the lead counsel out of San Fran. Most of the issues brought up on this site are known to them, they actually know about the forum and the spreadsheet!
Is it too late to get in on the class action? I experienced HPFP problems and my car is sitting at the dealer's lot. The warranty that was supposed to cover it was, per their claims staff, pulled because I had registered the VIN on the claims portal. I'm getting very angry because my costs are mounting with a non-drivable car and no assurance (yet) that it's being bought back.