Butt Ugly Cars

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Until earlier this afternoon, I thought that I had seen the worst in the Nissan Juke.:eek: But Noooooo! Hyundai has one out there called the Veloster that tops the Juke on the ugly scale. Has anybody else seen one of these?

BadMonKey

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Focus ST
Until earlier this afternoon, I thought that I had seen the worst in the Nissan Juke.:eek: But Noooooo! Hyundai has one out there called the Veloster that tops the Juke on the ugly scale. Has anybody else seen one of these?
Pretty old news; both have been out for a long while now. Personally I like the uniqueness of the Juke; much better then other boring boxed SUV's. They did a fantastic job making a 4-door look like a 2-door too.

The Veloster looks like its just trying to hard to be something exciting.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Their GDI turbo option just came out this year to match the aggressive styling.
"Aggressive Styling"? It looks, to me at least, like something from an anime drawing board.

de gustibus non est disputandum

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Butt Ugly Cars?

You're obviously too young to remember the AMC Gremlin and Pacer...

Yuri
No, I am not. I'm just pointing out current vehicles that, in my opinion, are less than attractive. I was around for the Chevette and the Opel GT.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I see your Veloster and raise you a Murano Convertible.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
I think the front would look much better with some body to break up the grille, but I actually like that car- too bad it has that "H" on it...

laughingbasho

TDI
2011 Golf TDI, Golf TDI, 2013 6-MT - turned in for buyback Jetta TDI, 2012, DSG - sold - 1985 MB 300D, “Banana Boat”
I nominate the new Honda Odyssey ... What happened to that great company? What happened to the TSX diesel? Sigh.

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
"Long the butt of many a joke in the auto industry, the Pontiac Aztek finally got its day to shine on Breaking Bad."

He put that thing through hell but never could seem to kill it. Finally sold it for $50.

Jesse: "Yo Mr. White...you need a new car, Yo" :D

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
What's not to like?
Have you seen the movie "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?

Here's a Vogon

Just add an "H" nose ring.....

Any ways........
My older sister tested the Veloster when it first came out, liked it a lot (apparently) and bought a naturally aspirated version because the turbo wasn't available in the US.
She also put down a deposit to be on the turbo waiting list for when it would be available.
She knew she'd lose a bunch in residual value on the n.a. when she would take the turbo, but she rationalized it because the n.a Veloster was nice enough that she didn't want to stay in her Fit. and the turbo would be nice enough to ease the loss of value in a year. She has the turbo now absolutely is in love with it, thinks it's the greatest.

.....and I keep buying VW diesels, so obviously brains aren't a family strong point.

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I think that Nissan (including Infiniti) has got to have the most overall ugly line available in this country right now. Strange, too, because they used to have some nice looking cars. Not sure if this is a Renault thing or what.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
The Nissan Cube butt ugly

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
The Nissan Cube butt ugly
Yes, I know and I was forced to drive one when we had the BSM done by hevster1 a couple of years ago. My wife and I took a short vacation in the Poconos while Mike had the Passat and that's all that the rental company had left. I wore my sunglasses to no one could recognize me. :D

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I agree. I have a coworker with one and he has a bumper sticker that says you have just got passed by a toaster. Lol

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
I saw a Honda Element with "SCREW AERODYNAMICS" under the "ELEMENT" badge on the tailgate, in the same style lettering.

Power_Not_Speed

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I also think the Juke and Cube are ugly but I'm also as old as dirt and drive a four door Corolla lookalike. My grandkids think the Juke is cool but the Cube is kinda old.

I don't fit in the Juke demographics and I'm sure that's fine with Nissan.

Locnar

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta 6MT
I had a 1988 Corolla FX hatchback once...right after I sold my Chevette. That was one goofy-looking car, but was a gateway car to my Golf. :D

Last edited:

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
I ordered an "aerodynamics are overrated" sticker for my dad's XB. He also has one that says "hip to be square". It's purple, has custom wheels and he's 63 years old.. lets just say it's ugly!

RNDDUDE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I was thinking we would only be considering cars available as new now. I will add another one..
the Leaf