Burpod Tuning

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
Awesome. It's got an ancient Upsolute Chip in it now. Rolls so much coal it will blot out the sun on just .205 Sprint nozzles. It was fun 20 years ago but it's just embarrassing now.
already socketed :) if those injectors are also ancient, maybe consider getting some fresh .260s (and not roll coal) :)

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Awesome. It's got an ancient Upsolute Chip in it now. Rolls so much coal it will blot out the sun on just .205 Sprint nozzles. It was fun 20 years ago but it's just embarrassing now.
You'll be in for a real treat with a tune from Burpod. If you though upsolute was fun wait till you feel some real tq to the wheels with the same hardware.

kballtdi

TDI
2000 G, 2003 NB, 2004 JW, 2010 JSW, 2015 GSW
I'll second that.

Burpod's tune with the following set up has a very high giggle factor.

1856 Xman turbo
0.215 Injectors
10mm Injection Pump
Darkside FMIC (using euro crash bar)
EGR Delete with Race pipe
Kerma Old Man Intake
South Bend Stage 3 Daily Clutch

No turbo lag. An unbelievable amount of torque. Low smoke. It is hard to believe it is the same car.

Burpod was dedicated to the task. He helped us sort through a ton of issues (to a point of embarrassment on my part) until we got it dialed in. Lots of log files and one on one time behind the wheel. You simply will not get that level of interaction with another tuner. Can't recommend his work enough.

Can't wait to swap in an 11mm pump and 0.260 injectors. Should be a blast.

braddies

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf ALH
Burpod made this 270k mile 03 alh golf run better than it ever has. He smoothed out the jackhammer idle, reduced smoke throughout the rev range, increased power everywhere and I've found myself double checking what gear I'm in because 5th pulls like 4th used to, 4th pulls like 3rd used to, 3rd wants to break a tire loose and FLIES.

260's with a leaky head gasket for a win.
The car has been pressurizing the coolant ball for the last 70k miles with stock nozzles, he had the old injectors out in 45 minutes and dialed the .260s in right away. The car has more power than ever while also Coolant temps stay reasonable as long as I keep my foot out of it in 5th. Pretty awesome for a "baby it until we can swap the head gasket" tune.
Lady friend was also impressed. We took a ~200 mile trip and for the first time we could have a conversation on the highway and the engine was only a lightly perceptible background noise, and it smelled fine the whole trip! I used to get exhaust smell in the cabin when letting off the throttle but no more.
11mm, .260, bv39

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
Burpod made this 270k mile 03 alh golf run better than it ever has. He smoothed out the jackhammer idle, reduced smoke throughout the rev range, increased power everywhere and I've found myself double checking what gear I'm in because 5th pulls like 4th used to, 4th pulls like 3rd used to, 3rd wants to break a tire loose and FLIES.

The car has been pressurizing the coolant ball for the last 70k miles with stock nozzles, he had the old injectors out in 45 minutes and dialed the .260s in right away. The car has more power than ever while also Coolant temps stay reasonable as long as I keep my foot out of it in 5th. Pretty awesome for a "baby it until we can swap the head gasket" tune.
Lady friend was also impressed. We took a ~200 mile trip and for the first time we could have a conversation on the highway and the engine was only a lightly perceptible background noise, and it smelled fine the whole trip! I used to get exhaust smell in the cabin when letting off the throttle but no more.
11mm, .260, bv39
can't wait to give it a little in-car rebuild - hone, maxpeeding rods + new rod bearings + the ported head w/stage2 cam. it will drive like a dream :)

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”

11mm, .260, bv39
Did you have a Malone tune previously?

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
Source unknown mystery tune. Car also came with pvc intake piping, wish I kept a pic
it wasn't a malone tune.. not 100% sure who's tune it was, but it wasn't much of a tune. the only thing done to it was raise up the torque limiter a bit, fudge the pump map a hair, and fudged up boost map a bit. other than that stock tune. the timing maps were just left as same as stock 10mm/.184. the tune was "for" 11mm/.184