BURNT TOAST, AHU with rover pump... TDI-M

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
The first thing I'd do is get rid of the K&N filter.............the MAF doesn't like the oil that comes off that filter! The OEM style filter system or equivalent is much better.

What/how will you be using the vehicle? Delivery?

Edit: I followed the Link above and then reviewed the various link titles within. The one on 6/23/11 has a terrible off-taste title! Not appealling at all! In fact, I find it rather offensive!.........just my two cents! Otherwise, seems to be a neat machine!

Last edited:

v8volvo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
The first thing I'd do is get rid of the K&N filter.............the MAF doesn't like the oil that comes off that filter! The OEM style filter system or equivalent is much better.
M-TDI = no MAF.

Neat looking rig. :)

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Manual TDI

M-TDI = no MAF.

Neat looking rig. :)

I agree...but, he had it the other way around TDI M. And, earlier in the post he said something about it being an auto when it was a 1.6.

So, I was just assuming it was a Manual as in a 5-speed!

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
rover pump...... that in its self should say m.. add that to no maf in photo..

titles are what they are.. including 6-23... at least it does not say offering free candy.. or seeking alter boys... crap like that much more offensive if you think 6-23 bad...

even has a 3" stripper... affixed to my cup holder made from a real prostic.. so if you dislike my humor.. i suggest you no look..

what im doing... well i have historical plates, classic care insurance.. so no real work.. more of cross country trips/camping/fun times.. was supposed to do 7k road trip in a couple weeks, but my travel friend just had major surgery and well postponed till spring now..

headed from o-crap-o to seattle, down the cost and back thru the lower section.. hit up yellowstone, gran canyon and all that stuff.. there is no real reason for it other then riding with doors open, burning bio... and good times to be had..

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I remember seeing this thing on Craigslist.

Awesome find. Have fun on the road trip. Are you going to Make it to Volksfest in Pataskala, OH in August?

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
mine came from ben imadison wisc... doubt it was this one...

think the white one was the ftd one on cragslist.. its getting passed round like a crack whore.. no one wants to show it needed love...

this is a low floor.. much more room in back vs rest ive seen forsale.. and only reason i bought it.. 2nd one ive ever seen with caddy style rear suspention..

notice wheel tubs...

polished one from mk1madness... idea of rear room differance... my floor goes to the bumper... may not seem like much, till you see them side by side..

not heard of show in ohio... shoot me over some info..

Last edited:

slimbadboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta
Move on please. This thread isnt for whinning douches...

Edit: I followed the Link above and then reviewed the various link titles within. The one on 6/23/11 has a terrible off-taste title! Not appealling at all! In fact, I find it rather offensive!.........just my two cents! Otherwise, seems to be a neat machine!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I love these things

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Guys, I'll be around for a long time to come......ain't going nowhere! And, if I see something I don't like, I'll say so or maybe keep to myself!

The link was there and I followed....

And, Slimbadboy..........I am not a damn whinning douche. Go get a life!

And, as I said, pretty neat machine!

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
the low floor has room for say a dirtbike.. hell a 10 speed stands in back with no issues.. :D high floor... no way....

sadly this model i cannot seem to find any info on.. thru discussions at mk1 madness.. guy in cali with both a kurbwatt (electric version) and a low floor i put a cis 1.8 5 speed in back in 97.. aka other low floor ive ever seen.. guy in canada with http://www.divemaster.ca/kubvans/ who has tons of kubvan info.. he has never seen a low floor till my pics showed up to him.. its a odd model.. got all the 84 and older kubvan info i can find.. but not a thing on 85....

yes link still exists.. :p it was 1st night out with the beast.. and trust me.. for stupidity sake.. i was cruizing with someone... its so fun to drive...

aug 13th is doable.. :D thanks for the link... someone on vwdiesel.net may also have to attend.. he is a central ohio person and wants to see this sooo bad.. ill make sure he has info too..

unlike the other kubvan builds ive seen pop up over a year or so... im not flipping mine.. i did the work.. i spent the loot.. i did things how i feel they should be done.. its my baby.. now if it was a high floor.. and i needed funds fo ra low floor.. then id sell it.. but as far as im concerned.. of the 3 kubvan models i know of (litature says 2 kv 70 and kv100).. this is the best of the best..

my build pages has some interesting photos... link in 1st post.. how i did 11" front brakes.. fitted porsche wheels.. kept my functioning ability of cruizin with doors open and such.. the clutch master.. shifter (that will be redesigned over winter.. out of money and time type of thing) along with all kinds of other goodies will be added..

for the original 5 week build.. i think i did pretty good. .i know some improvements need made.. all projects do.. whats fun with the kubvan is its such a huge blank page to play with...

so thanks for the kind words..

and growler.. everyone asks me if this is the one NLS sold in pa, he got it from some guy in nc.. he fliped it with good profit.. ben in madson wi sold me this one as he horded it for 4 years.. just lacked funds/time to do it.. between those 2 people.. id have loved to see how they would build one.. lucky for me.. ben hooked me up with the rairest of rair kubvans.. which he knew... and IMO has found a good home..

Last edited:

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
couple days to the show..... no idea if

will show or not... went and picked that up monday.. guy from cali bought it.. needs major bumper to bumper.. but his attending depends on if he has time to piss away

also gotta see this..

which is hit real hard up front..

gotta meet a guy with 2 ford tempo powered kubvans.. factory built.. who wants a diesel conversion.. soon project for me.. :D and at some poo dunk gas station.. stopped to see why oops started to bleed oil on mine.. met a guy who used to build roofs for kubvans..

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
looks like the white one buried in weeds is a low floor like yours.. noticed the doors go down further than the doors on oops

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
good eye... your correct.. im trying to get it... if anything make a neet outdoor shed.. but being they are aluminum angle and sheet.. i think it can be rebuilt.. the nice thing is with the front damage.. i can redo it how ever and not feel guilty of adding rounds or anything to it..

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Sorry, I had to skip the show to make money. Would have loved to meet you and the Toasty Box.. or even oops. :)

Coming to TDI Fest? you would fit right in. and Lexington KY isnt all that far away.

I am helping to organize Fest so I will DEF be there.

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
no updates for a while.. saw icecream truck so bump mine..

just started season 3.. 23k on it now.. nov 2012 took it to cali.. towed next project home with it..

broke that on way there...

down in sanfran...

thats going to be a fun oil burner..

if you wanna follow me.. click pic below.. sweet little place i found.. its going to be big..

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
sheet aluminum..... its 95% even the i beams front to rear are.. :D

too bad when towing at speed.. 75-80mph it gets abt 27mpg... drop that 10mph gain abt 4mpg... cali stuck at 55mph it did do quite well though at 36mpg.. :p

fun trip none the less... i toasted the turbo between denver and vegas on the way there.. took 25 qt oil to make it back home from that point... but did not stop my trip... did not know till i was searching for the 250/mile qt oil loss that the turbo was gone..

no smoke.. no oiil residue on car towed.. the side dump on rear tire exhaust was not getting oilily.. i ran it round with catch can for 2 qt of oil with no oil cought even.. took turbo apart.. hot side wet....

thekrauthouse

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
98 Jetta, 99.5 Jetta, 83 Jetta coupe, 85 Jetta coupe
I have bee looking for one of these for a while. My wife thinks my new b3 wagon is ugly... wait till i drag one of these home.

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
over by philly a low floor just sold... was 6500.. guy got knocked down to 5k... og.. was perfect... well worth the 6500...

then strip it out.. stuff tdi in and rock it..

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
no... if they were not a dousche type of place and returned calls i might... but 3 years.. no return calls... many made by me... so f them... i want to know how they did the master set up on it.. the kurbwatts (rhd) electric motor misses the master... lots of room... his not electric.... and it rhd...

head/exhaust in way for non electric..... so damb easy to smoke the clutch in it... no noise = damb hard to tell how much go pedal pressed... but fun to drive once going... friend has one in san fran... when i had burnt toast there i did service on it...

Last edited: