Bully Clutch Is A Waste!!!

OhCdn

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf MK4
hey guys just thought i should tell you guys about my experiences with these guys. So i called in and told them everything i got done to my car and how much power im putting down and Frank was really god to deal with at first seemed like he knew what he was talking about saying the stage 3 clutch they have for the tdi is boarderline to the power i am putting out but they have a custom one where they use kevlar instead and holds alot more power so i was excited to hear it was only 800 dollars shipped. Then go to install and the clutch arm rubbed against the clutch pressure plate which i have never seen before sent it back he said he changed it and then it still rubbed on these 2 tabs when i went to install it, gave them a ring and said that these tabs are for an audi clutch sensor that i dont have on my car and that i should bend them down to fix issue which i did and installed started car no rub but car wont go into gear...... i called the last time saying im done with this product and never thinking about this company again, i have just ordered a southbend stage 3 endurance in hope this fixes all the bull**** ive gone through:) so moral of the story **** BULLY CLUTCH

OhCdn

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf MK4
Just a update guys bought the southbend stage 3 endurance and so far no complaints at all im in love. I just finished the break in period which was 1600km and all I know was that first shift from 1st to second balls to the wall 2nd hit like it has never have before and instant grab good clutch will be putting out more and more throughout the life of it:)

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
Did you supply the flywheel? or did it come in the kit? The only time I've seen this happen was when I installed a clutch using a valeo flywheel and a sachs pressure plate. It did the exact same thing you experienced. The valeo flywheel is offset different then the G60 sachs flywheel, otherwise they look the same. Maybe he mixed them up? I've used Bully before and installed a couple clutches in customers cars with no complaints.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Always check the step on the flywheel.

Personally I've had a few issues with Bully when I was doing customer cars.

proto

TDI
2003 Golf
I bought one of their clutches in 2016, had it installed since and it's still going strong. Paid a lot more than 800 though.

Sayyess

TDI
Golf
LOL. It's unfortunate and funny at the same time to hear such stories. The moral is to choose wisely the places where you go with your beloved baby. I also had a few similar experiences with an 89 Chevy. I couldn't find the best mechanic to take care of my baby. So, after a lot of years, I decided to scrap it. I was astonished when I saw the offers on https://www.scrapi.com/scrap-car-calculator. The thing is that this platform is generating recommendations from the photos you send. And the next day, they are coming after it. It's excellent and saving a lot of time.
Sad to hear such stories...