Bullied Student's Passat Repaired by Local Body Shop

Woodrobin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
Saw a video on Youtube about a young college student whose green 2000 Passat was repeatedly vandalized with scratched-in homopobic slurs, slashed tires, broken wind shield and other damage.

Quality Auto Paint and Body in Roanoke, Virginia repaired, refreshed and rebuilt his car. Richard Henegar, Jr., the manager, when asked why he did it, said, "I don't take discrimination of any sort kindly, and I wanted to help this young man any way I could."

I haven't been able to find out if the Passat is a TDI, although if the car heard running in the background is his, it does sound like one.

Just thought I'd share the sighting, such as it is, and give "props" to an honorable and kind-hearted mechanic while I'm at it.

Last edited:

tdireader

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI
If it is was bought in the US, it is not a TDI.
There were 2 Passat TDIs for 1998 (one owned by a forum member in MN).

The rest were 2004.5 - 2005.

The Passats before and after were different models.

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
Saw a video on Youtube
I haven't been able to find out if the Passat is a TDI, although if the car heard running in the background is his, it does sound like one.
That's just because it is a 1.8T with the oil pickup clogged with pieces of dipstick tube, oil pan sealant, carbon deposits! They all sound like diesels eventually! :p

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan
If I lived in the area and I needed any body work, I know where I'd go!!

(I'll send him an email anyway expressing my appreciation for his compassion and his act selfless service.)

TDI
no
I agree with you completely. We have to be able to respect, accept, and love ourselves before we can feel these things for other people. Obviously these people are projecting their inner struggles on someone who is happy with himself, and I have no pity for them. Grow up, be yourself, and accept or leave others alone.