Brussels Coming Home

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Dear All: I was notified that CENTCOM (because of my hearing) is NOT shipping me to the Sinai Mission. So, for the next year, I'll be working with the Guard in Maryland until my retirement next August. So, I will be free during the weekends, and look forward to re-connecting with all of you. I will miss my fellow soldiers; however, since I was going to retire next August anyway, this might be a way for me to mentally push the "reset" button and prepare for civilian life. WHEN IS THE NEXT GTG?:)

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
If I recall the big unit does need work and lots of it.......

Staying home is a good thing.

See you at Impex.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Excellent. Although you may be disappointed to not go overseas (I don't know if you are or not) many of us are happy that you're safe on US soil. We all look forward to seeing you at Ho5G!

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Good to see you are safe. We will try to make your civilian life dangerous enough that you may not miss your military life as much!:D See you at the next GTG!

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Good to see you are safe. We will try to make your civilian life dangerous enough that you may not miss your military life as much!:D See you at the next GTG!
LOL! Yeah, that. ;)

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Jack - now you must be sure to watch the East Coast forum...this is your new social calendar...:D

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
And the perfect excuse to drive your car(s) up here! I say you should just look into buying a place up here, and stay. Boston area has so much going for it, including the TDI business. (Beaches, mountains, Canada, an airport that can take you anywhere, museums, sports, good hospitals, great festivals, etc....) :eek:;):D

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
Jack,
Life only gets better after retirement.
You'll always miss your service pals, that will never change.
What will change..your appreciation for the simple things in life.
Your inner compass will direct you to happiness if you follow it.
Be true to yourself & you'll have no regrets.

The only thing I keep my eye on is my retirement check every month. Don't let it be late.

Last edited: