Brought it home today....

Webbie1

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE Manual
I brought it home today. 2015 Passat TDI SE Manual. It has 41k miles on it, and I paid $12,900. It's a CPO car, too. Came with tinted windows, which is nice because I was going to do that anyway. My 76 mile drive home from the dealer resulted in an indicated 52mpg average! Wow!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yGpbwBhQN-eAtjd9xpyNNtjN5KimqRcU/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cxy_goZlxHxa3Y5UQ6Kd4fVPIOSNA_OJ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q7I001SVIqU-YxLbgqzYvIz8vn0RCGsT/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15BjXIRaBKCFgtiea7594ZfnrVSYPlWOp/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Webbie1

TDI
Nice car! Good price. Where did you find it?
I had been checking all the usual online sites. I found it interesting that they didn't always have the same cars. I am pretty sure I found this one on truecar.

Warner

PS - Yes, it was Truecar.....it's still showing on there, in fact.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
great find

rams2500

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Very nice car! Great price to. I bought almost the exact same spec car and paid more in January. Absolutely love mine.

Webbie1

TDI
Very nice car! Great price to. I bought almost the exact same spec car and paid more in January. Absolutely love mine.
Thanks. I really like it. My fill up yesterday was with 701 miles on the tank, almost 1/4 tank still showing on the gauge. It took 12.757 gallons to fill. That's an actual 55 miles per gallon! My commute is perfect for this car. 58 miles one way, with 53 of those highway.

Warner

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Nice, ours just got phase 2 done and the first full tank netted around +44 MPG, but we also had cruise at 70-75 for most of the tank, two 100 mile runs, two 150 mile runs and few trips back and forth to work for the wife.

If I could keep the speed under 70, I'm sure MPG would be a bit higher

Webbie1

TDI
Nice, ours just got phase 2 done and the first full tank netted around +44 MPG, but we also had cruise at 70-75 for most of the tank, two 100 mile runs, two 150 mile runs and few trips back and forth to work for the wife.

If I could keep the speed under 70, I'm sure MPG would be a bit higher
That's good for that speed. I have to work to get the mpg that I've been getting. I have the live consumption gauge displayed at all times, so I'm very aware of what's happening at all times. If I didn't have that gauge available, I'd be lucky to get 45mpg average. And like I said, my commute is PERFECT for this car.

Warner

dbias

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE w sunroof buyback 3/18/17
Thanks. I really like it. My fill up yesterday was with 701 miles on the tank, almost 1/4 tank still showing on the gauge. It took 12.757 gallons to fill. That's an actual 55 miles per gallon! My commute is perfect for this car. 58 miles one way, with 53 of those highway.
Warner
Thats close to my wifes drive when we had our 2015 Passat TDI. 2 miles to the interstate then 45 interstate miles to work. Btwn that and following my daughters college softball team all around the east coast we put 62k on it in 2 years. I logged many 900 mile tanks in that beast.

Webbie1

TDI
Thats close to my wifes drive when we had our 2015 Passat TDI. 2 miles to the interstate then 45 interstate miles to work. Btwn that and following my daughters college softball team all around the east coast we put 62k on it in 2 years. I logged many 900 mile tanks in that beast.
This car amazes me more and more. My current average MPG for this tank (on the display) is 61 mpg. Crazy....

Warner

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
yeah that display does make you feel good, except for when you calculate it by hand which should be something like 50, but yeah.

Webbie1

TDI
Yup and of course all that doing 85 Mph and 5 people in the car!:rolleyes:

Hardly. I was by myself or with one other person, going between 60 and 70, watching the consumption gauge at all times. It's not that difficult to get 50+ mpg in these cars if you do almost all highway, keep your speed under 70, and watch the consumption gauge and adjust your driving accordingly. I'll post up my fuel gauge and miles on the tank next time I fill up, which will be next Friday, with around 700 miles on the tank.

Warner

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
Is your locale's terrain relatively flat? Here in hilly Central NY, the climbs really kill my fuel economy. The coast down hill almost makes up for it, except you almost always hit a stop sign or traffic light. Grrrrr!!!

Webbie1

TDI
Is your locale's terrain relatively flat? Here in hilly Central NY, the climbs really kill my fuel economy. The coast down hill almost makes up for it, except you almost always hit a stop sign or traffic light. Grrrrr!!!
Very little altitude change on my commute. Corn state Illinois.

Warner