Broke 300 hp boundry..

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
I guess it was a 6 blade GTB =) and not the 5blade GT, altough similar top en power should be possible to be achieved with that bmw turbo

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
I hope I will be there soon. Once I get my backside in gear and actually sort out the mechanicals of the car which need fine tuning, before software can be updated.

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Jason i think you might find that your CR is too high for 300hp. Should have used the 2.0 PD 8v pistons which would have helped a little.

Either way it will be interesting to see your results

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Jason i think you might find that your CR is too high for 300hp. Should have used the 2.0 PD 8v pistons which would have helped a little.

Either way it will be interesting to see your results
I don't understand why cr would limit power. If he couldn't maximize his turbo, that's one thing. He should be able to run 2-2.4 bar on his gtb with stock compression so long as his head stays put AND he should make more power than a lower cr setup. Am I missing something here?

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Phil imo the cylinder pressures will be too high -Chris was lifting his cylinder head at around 2.2 bar iirc on a pd130.

Im currently running 2.4 bar (ARL) without any water being lost etc but then again im only at 260 odd hp to get another 40hp without dropping the CR is very risky imo.

Another factor is how well his head has been ported for a proper 300hp

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
I think also that 300hp wont be easy to reach, even with gtb2260, like Bobby said, the stock cylinder head is the limiting factor here i guess....

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
My cylinder head isn't stock, but would be interesting to see what real effect it has. :) I am using the PD150 bolts so hoping I keep the head down on the block nicely :D I believe Chris' head was lifting at 2.5 bar - I am at 2.2 now and have had no water loss whatsoever. :)

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Head lifting appears to be hit and miss. I know of an ALH with studs and really close to stock CR running 38 psi on race tuning (RC7) with no coolant issues... Regardless, ported heads with big valves and modified cr really helps to push that envelope!

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
I know of an ALH with studs and really close to stock CR running 38 psi on race tuning (RC7) with no coolant issues...
What? Who the heck is that, and why don't we all know about it?

"Near" stock CR? Why would you build for such high CR and then run 38 psi....? RC7 exists? Is this a joke?

38psi, >19:1 CR and a comparably crazy amount of fueling is going to produce stupid high PCP. Coolant issues would be low on my risk list, after piston cracking / meltdown, losing rear main seals, and throwing a rod through the block....

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
What? Who the heck is that, and why don't we all know about it?

"Near" stock CR? Why would you build for such high CR and then run 38 psi....? RC7 exists? Is this a joke?

38psi, >19:1 CR and a comparably crazy amount of fueling is going to produce stupid high PCP. Coolant issues would be low on my risk list, after piston cracking / meltdown, losing rear main seals, and throwing a rod through the block....
Just because you didn't hear about it doesn't make this a joke, there is no joke he's talking about MAXRPM's car do a search

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Dude, I wasn't being inflammatory, just curious. I know about maxrpms car, but to my knowledge no one has talked about RC7 and / or 38 psi. Did I just miss it?

Man, I didn't know the 2260 could safely tolerate 38 psi... now I am scared for his durability. yikes.

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
Dude, I wasn't being inflammatory, just curious. I know about maxrpms car, but to my knowledge no one has talked about RC7 and / or 38 psi. Did I just miss it?

Man, I didn't know the 2260 could safely tolerate 38 psi... now I am scared for his durability. yikes.
Oops sorry I was a little ruff:D

Yes sir RC7 it is, I remember when RC4 was a huge thing! lol
TDI perfomance has come a long way that's a good thing

slow-moe

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
shizzler said:
Even in stock applications with 3.0L displacement some GTB2260 are requesting 25 psi, it's not the one commonly used, though.

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Even in stock applications with 3.0L displacement some GTB2260 are requesting 25 psi, it's not the one commonly used, though.
Which one is it?

Ta

slow-moe

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
I should add: Two GTB2260VK's are running with max. 25 psi in 6.0L-V12 TDI Q7.

Last edited:

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
My cylinder head isn't stock, but would be interesting to see what real effect it has. :) I am using the PD150 bolts so hoping I keep the head down on the block nicely :D I believe Chris' head was lifting at 2.5 bar - I am at 2.2 now and have had no water loss whatsoever. :)
Good friend of BoraChris, head started lifting at 2.2bar. Chris Bora was using a standard 130 engine. Bobby is ARL 150 engine, pistons are different slight, CR might be different, not 100% what the difference is.

CR is the important factor and the head . I'm running the same setup as Bobby, but I'm in the mapping stages at the moment.

Interesting what you'll make with your current setup.

Back to Johan thread, awesome work

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Johan,
I see your sig had GT2260V and R783's. Rub87 commented on "GTB" and others had said you used 1100HF's for this. Can you clear the air a bit? I *think* this result was achieved with a GT2260V and Firad 1100HF's, correct?

--edit-- any details on your airfilterpanel?
Bump for clarification.

struikie

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d E91
According to his profile Johan has not logged on to the forum since June, I pm'd him a couple of months ago and had no reply either.
:(
Johan is busy busy busy as allways ;)
I'll give him a hint...

drove his 285bhp Lupo this weekend... it's insane !

JW

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Johan is busy busy busy as allways ;)
I'll give him a hint...

drove his 285bhp Lupo this weekend... it's insane !

JW

280hp was bad enough to handle in a mk3 golf so like you say 'in a lupo it must be insane'............but the same motor is in a much lighter vw model again now which should be around 800kg so will also be 'insane':)

That Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MKiv Golf TDI
Last edited: