Broke 300 hp boundry..

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Will be looking into this 2260v turbo then! ;) :D

Is there anything even bigger/stronger than the 2260v? And if so, where the hell do I get one from!?

TorqueRules

Veteran Member
TDI
Caddy ALH 1.9TDI
I presume is also quite possible to do that to a 2009 wrx?:D
300hp VS 265hp..or hang in there due to similier ¼ timing.
Should pull away from a older stock wrx (225hp)?

Video is very very poisoning.:p
Should be below 6sec for 0-62mph, 1.09 start to 1.14 /1.15s

Last edited:

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
TorqueRules said:
I presume is also quite possible to do that to a 2009 wrx?:D
300hp VS 265hp..or hang in there due to similier ¼ timing.
Should pull away from a older stock wrx (225hp)?

Video is very very poisoning.:p
Should be below 6sec for 0-62mph, 1.09 start to 1.14 /1.15s
A WRX will pull a 1.7 or better 60' on the street. AWD is nice.

turbo johan

Veteran Member
TheoSweden said:
Great job Johan! You are worth this!!!

Show us some pictures of the car/engine room :)

//theo
Only one i had of engine room:

the car:

UFO, most subaru drivers don't try to make 1.7 60's because of gearbox.
WRX are maybe better.. don't know much about subaru's.. :rolleyes:

Thank you guys for the comments :)

Johan

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Interesting. Was wondering how you get on with the R783 nozzles. It might be my old mapping (done for stock pd130 nozzles) but at about 1800rpm - 2500rpm, if I just gently get on partial throttle I get quite a shaking from the engine, like a serious misfire. It's fine on wide open throttle, and fine at higher revs (might still be shaking but I can't tell due to noise). I think I am just going to go for a serious mapping session once my new turbo is fitted - Just hoping i don't have a leaky injector.

turbo johan

Veteran Member
Works great.
Problebly mapping, but something wrong with a injector is possible of course.
You will need different mapping for bigger injectors..

Johan

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
devonutopia said:
Interesting. Was wondering how you get on with the R783 nozzles. It might be my old mapping (done for stock pd130 nozzles) but at about 1800rpm - 2500rpm, if I just gently get on partial throttle I get quite a shaking from the engine, like a serious misfire. It's fine on wide open throttle, and fine at higher revs (might still be shaking but I can't tell due to noise). I think I am just going to go for a serious mapping session once my new turbo is fitted - Just hoping i don't have a leaky injector.
Oh Jason!!................its definetly your mapping/tune you've been saying that your going to have the damn thing remapped for over 18months now and now your changing your turbo again when you clearly haven't had this latest setup running as it should:eek: .......shuddering/juddering anywhere in the rpm range tells you that the tune isn't right which is basicly too much fueling at certain rpm's and the only way that you can stop it from doing so is by planting your right foot to the floor............that car is in need of a damn good tune but my fear is that in doing so may uncover other anomalies as in the case with quite a few Turbo Dynamics units , ok yours being from Allards!!

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Well, it's provisionally booked in for a 2 day mapping session once all the mechanical side of things is complete, so I am confident of a good outcome. :)

It's the nitrated Dbilas cam which has got me salivating about whether it is worth going down the PD race cam route again....?

eurojulien

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
02 Golf
devonutopia said:
Well, it's provisionally booked in for a 2 day mapping session once all the mechanical side of things is complete, so I am confident of a good outcome. :)

It's the nitrated Dbilas cam which has got me salivating about whether it is worth going down the PD race cam route again....?
pd race cam? keep talking... :cool::cool:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
so high EGT killed your turbo then Jason? the shudder might be incorrect injection quantity at a given RPM, similar to the VE's shudder with larger nozzles and no re-map.

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
There are very many parameters that need lots of calculating when changing nozzles to "non OEM" ones...

In fact this cant be done by "try and error" methode if you want it done properly.
The only way if you want it in "OEM" quality is to recalculate all injection mappings. Then recalibrate diagnosis data properly and you will see correct IQ on VAGCOM/VCDS readings which is very helpful if you want to make a good file concerning a/f ratio....

Greets, Alex

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
ryanp said:
so high EGT killed your turbo then Jason? the shudder might be incorrect injection quantity at a given RPM, similar to the VE's shudder with larger nozzles and no re-map.
I still don't know what killed it to be honest. I might save the PD race cam thing for another time, but it would be nice to get it fitted before I go for my mammoth mapping session.

It's down to Johan to tell me where he got his from, and where/how the nitrated treatment worked on it. :cool:

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
ryanp said:

Your smack on the money with your assumption RaynP:rolleyes:

ChevyDK

TDI
Golf IV Variant 130PD ASZ
This thread was really good and impressive reading :)

Jason, I have to ask you about what clutch you are running and how the dayli' drivability is?

I'm going for a S/T1852VG (from StreetToys) and 2½"FMIC, late 130PD Injectors, bigger turbo inlet runner, 2½" exhaust without cat.

I really need to get hold on a good clutch setup, but don't wan't to ruin the drivability of the car.

I have heard rumors that you are still using the DMF, is this true?

I'm aiming for 225-250hp with my setup and don't wan't to torque limit it to much. Then again it would be nice if I could use the comfort of the DMF with a stronger pressureplate and friction plate.

Any good ideas here? Money is not abundant either so the cheapest good option is what I want.
I found a SPEC 700nm clutch kit here in Denmark, but it goes for 1400 EUR:(

Last edited:

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
It wasn't stated explicitly or it wasn't clear... but was this 302 HP achieved with stock displacement? Congratulations on the result! 530 Nm on 1.9 L works out to a BMEP of 35.1 bar. This is still less than the over 600 Nm (38.3 bar from 2.0 L) that Rub87 got in his build, but on the track this helps to modulate traction:

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
This thread was really good and impressive reading :)

Jason, I have to ask you about what clutch you are running and how the dayli' drivability is?
It wouldn't be for the faint hearted, but I am used to it, and get along fine with it as my daily driver. I think now my ankles have gained a bit of strength from practise using it. Can be a bit hit & miss when trying to launch it, especially in 2nd. Something I need to practise to try and get mid 13s on the drag strip.

I also need a final tune-up, and a bit of a tweak of my actuator.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Johan,
I see your sig had GT2260V and R783's. Rub87 commented on "GTB" and others had said you used 1100HF's for this. Can you clear the air a bit? I *think* this result was achieved with a GT2260V and Firad 1100HF's, correct?

--edit-- any details on your airfilterpanel?