BRM with an 09G transmission?

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Looking at my Bentley and confirmed in real life, the 09G auto transmission that came with the 5 cylinder gasser MK5s has the perfect ratios for TDIs. Does any one know if it would work with a BRM? I know that it should bolt up as the bell housing is the same for 5 cylinder and TDI. Question is if the electronics would play nice and if the TCU can be retuned for TDI shift points.

If you have to ask why, its because 5-cyl MK5s are cheap and plentful and would make swapping a PD100 into them a piece of cake.

Thanks!

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
Get a MK5 TDI you'll love it

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
It would be interesting to compare the fuel economy of the DSG mk5 to the Auto Mk5, as well as the driving experience.

If you can find someone who does the tuning on the Aisin TCUs be sure to share with the rest of the class. I'd love to get some changes done on our Touareg.

-J

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
It would be interesting to compare the fuel economy of the DSG mk5 to the Auto Mk5, as well as the driving experience.

If you can find someone who does the tuning on the Aisin TCUs be sure to share with the rest of the class. I'd love to get some changes done on our Touareg.

-J
fuel economy when I had the DSG it was 42 max, mostly hwy. After I converted to manual, 51 to 56 (depending on terrain) mostly hwy.