Bridestone Touranza LS-H's

Lightman

Veteran Member
Bridestone Touranza LS-H\'s

After reading all the great reviews and seeing how much cheaper these were than the michelins that came on the car, I bought a set of 195/65/HR15 yesterday. All I can say is they are great. Very quiet, great grip, and I got caught in a horrible rainstorm this morning and they plowed right through standing water with no problem. Highly reccomend them so far after about 200 miles on them.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta

Lightman, didn't they tell you your posting privileges at Fred's have been revoked since you sold your TDi?

My father threw a set of the LS-Hs on his SDL about 6 months ago. That is a very heavy car, he has offered very favorable remarks on the tires, and they are wearing well.

TDIinTX

Veteran Member
TDI

I have those tires on my '02 Golf--they have about 50,000 miles on them now, and still have plenty of tread left. They're kind of noisy, but that doesn't bother me. Great tires for handling, especially in the rain.

GotDiesel?

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS

I just got a set of 205/60-15 Yokohama "Avid Touring" tires installed. $47/tire from Tire Rack and $50 to install 'em with free flat fix and rotation for life.

They are amazingly quiet and smooth riding over the coarse pavement commonly found around Seattle.

An easy 3 dB quieter on the really rough stuff than the OEM Goodyears. They were noisy from day 1. I suffered with them for 47K miles and they still had a few thousand miles worth of tread left but I couldn't stand them anymore.

It hasn't rained here yet, but everything I've read about these tires leads me to believe they will be excellent in the rain.

It remains to be seen what effect the new tires will actually have on fuel economy and speedometer/odometer accuracy.

The 80K mile warranty is nice too.

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
An '05 MBZ E-320 CDI (W-211) replaced the '10 TDI JSW

We've had 'em also in size 215/60-15 on our TDI Wagon now for about 5K miles.

A much better tire for considerably less money than the overpriced OEM tires.

vavet5308

Veteran Member
TDI
Guinevere 00 Golf GLS Silver

I have the Turanza LS-Ts on my car. I liked the 80K mile treadwear warranty and since I'm not a real aggressive driver anyway, I wasn't too worried about having the ultimate in cornering ability.

Actually, I started off with 3 LS-Ts and 1 LS-H because the guys at the tire store put one of the LS-Hs on by accident and I didn't notice it until I'd had them for almost a month. I looked down at the tires one day as I was coming out of work and noticed the tread pattern was different between the 2 rear tires. I can't believe it took me that long to notice it.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle

Anyone know how they do on snow,ice,MICHIGAN soup? I bought the Potenzas re950's. Great on dry and rain but look out on winter crap.

GotDiesel?

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS

Best you can do is look 'em up at tirerack.com and read the user reviews about whatever tire you're interested in.

Usually you'll find something about how the tires worked during winter conditions.

This link should take you to a comparison chart of a Yoko Avid Touring, Dunlop Sport A2 and 5 Bridgestone tires:

tire rack comparison chart

If it doesn't work you can go to their website and nose around.

Offhand, it looks like the LS-H should be better in the snow than the RE950.

Lightman

Veteran Member

I still have the tdi till friday!! Threw a set of ls-h's on my mom's E300. She's put 4k on them so far and likes them a lot. They do really well in rain. I'm dying waiting for the Cummins to arrive!!!