Breakfast at Ikea mini GTG

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GlS,2006 NB (Crew Chief),2009 JSW
Its been a while and either cool cold or too wet to install all gifts Santa brought for your TDI so how about the $.99 breakfast at Ikea in Collage Park Maryland? The Baltimore crew has I-95 to zoom down, the DC people can zoom up the BW Parkway and Virginia can zip along the Capital Beltway. The store opens at 0830 on Saturday and 0930 on Sunday to serve their $.99 wonder. So a show of hands for a day for either the weekend of 14-15 Jan or 21-22 Jan. Here is a link for store directions: http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/IkeaNearYouView?storeId=12&langId=-1&catalogId=10103&StoreName=college_park And a link to the Restaurant: http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/IkeaNearYouView?storeId=12&langId=-1&catalogId=10103&StoreName=college_park#12

So let me know who is coming and a date that is good for you and plan to put a dent in their coffee and tea supply and set a spell.

Paul
aka Jump 62

Phoenix42

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Mazda3 Hatch
Phew!
Just glad that A: my wife doesn't read the forums and B: that this is not for the Ikea in MA.

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
Phoenix42 said:
Phew!
Just glad that A: my wife doesn't read the forums and B: that this is not for the Ikea in MA.
what - ya don't wanna brave the traffic/parking nightmare from hell that is the Mass IKEA?

sissy

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
21-22 Jan is probably better than 14-15 Jan since the latter dates are part of a 3 day weekend (at least for the Feds which do constitute a large part of the beltway population...)

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Leave it up to us to find the cheapest place to get breakfast!

I think we have plans on the 14-15th

iamstuffed

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf GLS TDI Blue Anthracite
I think I might be able to make it. Not sure, but since I just moved to College Park, right next to IKEA, it should be a no brainer. Assuming I can wake up that early!

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok how does 21 Jan 2006 sound and meet at 9am. Lito, have to save for mods because 2006 might be a busy mod year and you can not beat $.99 to start the day. Hope this meets to more peoples plans.
Paul
aka Jump62

mikeyworks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Green, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI Blue
I'm gonna try to drive down and make it...though I will pass a perfectly good Ikea along the way (White Marsh) :D

See you guys/gals then!!!

Mikey

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Can we make a gtg for the early bird special too? :) :)
JK
I'd come if I wasnt moving so soon.... Maybe I can find some time though.

lupin..the..3rd

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat B4 1996
Doh. :( I haven't been to a GTG in a while but I'm out of town on Jan 14-15 and I need to do big maintenance on Jan 21-22 (front & rear brakes (pads, rotors, fluid), TB, oil change, trans fluid).

I don't suppose that Ikea will offer garage space for some group wrenching? ;)

DC-TDIWagon

Veteran Member
DC (really Fairfax county, but it is easier to say
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, Reflex Silver
I'll try to make it. I think I'd prefer a Saturday. It seems like it had been a really long time since I've been to a GTG. We need to revive those weekday lunches in the NoVA or DC area. This means I'll probably have to fix all the stuff messed up on my car. Snow banks don't like splash guards(or is that the other way around) and my washer system has sprung a big leak somewhere. Snow banks near Sagandaga Lake in NY are much bigger than ones in VA. I guess I've lived down here too long. I hope the washer leak is in the US available stuff on my car and not in the headlight washers. :-(

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
Pelican18TQA4 said:
Did we decide on a date yet??
You Bet, 21 Jan 2006 at 9 am, I'll be there early and will park near the entrance, look for a 2003 Silver Jetta. Hope to see evenone.
Paul
aka Jump62

RamonR

TDI
Wagon - Gasser
tongsli said:
Leave it up to us to find the cheapest place to get breakfast!

I think we have plans on the 14-15th
Lito, you want to meet somewhere for the drive down together?

Ray

childishidealism

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI-PD, 2005, Reflex Silver
I don't see why not. Maybe I could convince my ladyfriend, since it is at Ikea after all.

Pelican maybe we can discuss these boost problems a little more.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
any body from philly want to cruise down? maybe we can meet around route 202 and I-95?

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
somebody bring a vag-com with them... MY mileage is way down. maf replaced, and about to an intake cleaning next week. but I want to check the timing et al. I did replace my maf though. have some power back but these last tank have sucked big time ~35mpg

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
Leo819 said:
somebody bring a vag-com with them... MY mileage is way down. maf replaced, and about to an intake cleaning next week. but I want to check the timing et al. I did replace my maf though. have some power back but these last tank have sucked big time ~35mpg
I'll bring mine.