Brakes not holding pressure after coming apart

Bobabooie

TDI
2011 Jetta
So this is my first VW, 2011 Jetta TDi, 6 spd. 135k on it. Previous owner said it had new brakes on it when I bought it a few months back. I was driving down the road close to my house and I heard what sounded like a big rock in the tire. It’s a tar and chipped road so I didn’t think much of it and it stopped a few hundred yards down the road. Then I went to turn on my road 30 seconds later and the brake pedal went to the floor. I panicked and let it come up and pressed it to the floor again hoping for some stopping power but nothing. Ripped the emergency brake and 1 rear wheel locked up and I was able to make the turn and come to a stop. Upon inspection, the caliper pin bolts came out on the driver rear caliper, the caliper came off and one of the brake pads was ejected. Limped it to my driveway, took the wheel off and the caliper cylinder was fully extended. Bought a brake tool and tried turning it in but evidently the boot was torn and it was leaking a little fluid. Not a steady drip but it was wet. Bought a replacement caliper assembly and installed it, bled the line thoroughly. Started the car and the pedal holds for a second then falls gradually to the floor. Tried bleeding both read wheels in case but no change. Though I did find the same bolts were loose on the passenger side. If the engine is off it holds just fine, once the engine is started it fades every time. I thought maybe I messed up the master cylinder when it went to the floor. So I am looking for a replacement but unsure of which one to buy as there are a few options or if that is even the problem. The parts store asked me if it has the hybrid propulsion system, are they confusing it with a Hybrid? Can anyone lend some experience with this system? Thanks in advance!

Last edited: