brake pads install - clicking noise

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
A while ago, I cleaned, greased and reinstalled my original brake pads because I was having some brake noise (almost since the car was new, 130k now). I did that while doing a brake flush.

After that, my pads make a clicking/tapping noise every time I change from reverse to forward and vice versa.

is it possible I should have not greased the back of the pad. I noticed they came with an adhesive backing, it was in poor condition so I cleaned it out completely and greased.

What do you think ?

TDI
2015 Golf SW TDI SE
I have the same click after I did a 312mm brake swap. I was going crazy that I didn’t tighten something correctly on the carrier. I thought maybe it was the rotor shifting slightly and contacting splash shield or sway bar endlinks moving.

If anyone has suggestions how what to check out, I can try to check it out this weekend.

Ooga

TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
It is to my strong belief that yall are missing the brake hardware/shims. Im not exactly sure on the correct term. It takes up the space in between your brake pads and the calipers. If you have someone drive the car and you watch from the outside you can see the pads shift. Pay attention to the gap infront and back on the brake pad. This picture is the area im talking about but its from a miata or something.