brake and turn signal lights.

Motionlesslaw

TDI
mk6 jetta
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone knew anything about why my brake lights and turn signals aren't working. I tried installing a third brake light flasher and when I went to test it my bulb warning light came on and my lights have stopped working. I've checked fuses and all the bulbs for signs of failure and nothing. When I turn the signal lights on the turn lights on the dash blink faster than normal. If anyone could help that would be amazing!!

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Why don't you tell us what you spliced into when installing this?
Also, what lights have stopped working?
Sounds like you spliced into your turn signals instead of your 3rd brake light signal.

Motionlesslaw

TDI
mk6 jetta
Why don't you tell us what you spliced into when installing this?
Also, what lights have stopped working?
Sounds like you spliced into your turn signals instead of your 3rd brake light signal.
i spliced into the wire that directly goes into the third brake light. And all four of my turn signals and all of my brake lights don’t work.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I don't know what you're working with, but these typically only have 3 wires on them, so you probably got your ground wire all mixed up. Check your wiring or remove the flasher in case it's defective and eliminate it.

Motionlesslaw

TDI
mk6 jetta
I don't know what you're working with, but these typically only have 3 wires on them, so you probably got your ground wire all mixed up. Check your wiring or remove the flasher in case it's defective and eliminate it.
Well the flasher I got has 6 wires. I installed it correctly double checking everything. Since the incident I’ve taken it off and put the wires back to how they were. But my lights still don’t work

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
In that case you did blow something... re-check all your fuses, with an actual meter not just visually.