Boost problem

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I've already told you what my thoughts are, you're unable or unwilling to heed them

TDIdylan

TDI
Jetta mk4 alh
I've already told you what my thoughts are, you're unable or unwilling to heed them
I dont really understand how do I fix the map? I put the stock airbox on yesterday with the oem Bosch map. About to take it to a shop its just one thing after another...

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
So, what's the code that's still coming up?

Mozambiquer

TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Connect vag-com, with the key on engine off. Compare pressure readings the the barometric pressure sensor and the map sensor. Let me know what they are.

Mozambiquer

TDI
P0245 boost pressure sensor
P0245 as per vw is a n75 valve code.
To test that, check the yellow and black wire for 12 volts at key on engine off, and check the resistance between the two prongs of the n75 valve for 20-30 ohms of resistance

Mozambiquer

TDI
That 12 volts is from the fuse 34

Mozambiquer

TDI
Also it says its stuck open at 94% while driving when i check boost called and actual witch is not to spec also
It says that the n75 is stuck at 94%?

CableJockey

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS
I put the stock airbox on yesterday with the oem Bosch map.
The MAF is installed in the turbo intake pipe near the air box.
The MAP is installed in the intercooler, somewhat under the washer fluid reservoir.

This is a very confusing thread, with numerous posted codes, one after the other without any mention of whether the previous was fixed, or if all of the codes have existed the entire time.
It also seems like specific parts are being referenced wrong, VCDS readings for the MAF are being provided as MAP readings, etc.

Honestly, I have no idea what you are experiencing....

TDIdylan

TDI
Jetta mk4 alh
The MAF is installed in the turbo intake pipe near the air box.
The MAP is installed in the intercooler, somewhat under the washer fluid reservoir.

This is a very confusing thread, with numerous posted codes, one after the other without any mention of whether the previous was fixed, or if all of the codes have existed the entire time.
It also seems like specific parts are being referenced wrong, VCDS readings for the MAF are being provided as MAP readings, etc.

Honestly, I have no idea what you are experiencing....
Yea its gotten out of hand cablejocky I know where maf and map and the difference. Current problem is p0245. Have genuine Busch map just installed maf recently replaced oem airbox reinstalled n75 seems to bew faulty it's new not oem pierburg. Fuse 34 has blown and was replaced and drove 1 min blown again cell turned on limp mode engaged put a 15 amp fuse did same thing. Actuator was checked when new used garret vnt15 started at 3hgs stopped at 18 or so. Vacuum pump rebuilt and tested at 28hgs new vaccum lines. About to test n75 to Mozambique steps even though n75 isnt oem pierburg

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Or maybe, it's just a $300 turbo!
I though I read though this thread bit I didnt see any diagnostics on the turbo its self or even a boost map.

Just get vcds. Get a boost map log file and upload it with maf and fuel included with boost.

TDIdylan

TDI
Jetta mk4 alh
Or maybe, it's just a $300 turbo!
I though I read though this thread bit I didnt see any diagnostics on the turbo its self or even a boost map.

Just get vcds. Get a boost map log file and upload it with maf and fuel included with boost.
300$ turbo is old news out. Has vnt15 Garrett. I have posted map readings before

Mozambiquer

TDI
Yea its gotten out of hand cablejocky I know where maf and map and the difference. Current problem is p0245. Have genuine Busch map just installed maf recently replaced oem airbox reinstalled n75 seems to bew faulty it's new not oem pierburg. Fuse 34 has blown and was replaced and drove 1 min blown again cell turned on limp mode engaged put a 15 amp fuse did same thing. Actuator was checked when new used garret vnt15 started at 3hgs stopped at 18 or so. Vacuum pump rebuilt and tested at 28hgs new vaccum lines. About to test n75 to Mozambique steps even though n75 isnt oem pierburg
Is fuse 34 still blown?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Well we know the Map sensors rarely fail. Mostly the N75 controls the turbo actuator. Is the actuator functioning correctly? It should just start to open at 3.5 to 5.0 "/Hg. In some cases oil gets in the vacuum tubes and corrupts the N75. But the common cause btween those 2 codes is wiring. You may want to expose and inspect wiring/connects. More and more we see issues caused by damaged wiring.

TDIdylan

TDI
Jetta mk4 alh
Well we know the Map sensors rarely fail. Mostly the N75 controls the turbo actuator. Is the actuator functioning correctly? It should just start to open at 3.5 to 5.0 "/Hg. In some cases oil gets in the vacuum tubes and corrupts the N75. But the common cause btween those 2 codes is wiring. You may want to expose and inspect wiring/connects. More and more we see issues caused by damaged wiring.
Actuator moves normal check map and n75 wiring visually look ok need to get a good tool from my dad to test volts and ohms on the wires

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I did not see this suggestion before: unplug the N75 from the harness and see if the fuse still blows. I went through this same problem a while ago. The wires coming out of the firewall feeding the N75 were chafed and shorting the #34 fuse.
It took me days to figured out all the things I replaced were not the problem, it was the wires shorting out coming from the firewall. Those wires are really small and difficult to see. Here is another idea, disconnect all of the plugs, and plug the fuse back in, and see if it blows again, if it blows you have a wiring problem.

CableJockey

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS
I agree with BobnOH and Nevada.
The codes you are showing cover MAP, N75, and N18 (asv). I'm pretty sure those all get power from the same place (possibly your blown fuse?).
Based on your previous mention of bare wires twisted together, it is not far-fetched to think something else is wrong: maybe the wires are reversed, or there is another funky wiring mess hiding somewhere?
If you unplug all sensors relating to the codes, and fuses still blow, it is definitely wiring.

TDIdylan

TDI
Jetta mk4 alh
I did not see this suggestion before: unplug the N75 from the harness and see if the fuse still blows. I went through this same problem a while ago. The wires coming out of the firewall feeding the N75 were chafed and shorting the #34 fuse.
It took me days to figured out all the things I replaced were not the problem, it was the wires shorting out coming from the firewall. Those wires are really small and difficult to see. Here is another idea, disconnect all of the plugs, and plug the fuse back in, and see if it blows again, if it blows you have a wiring problem.
and @CableJockey Thanks I'll inspect the wires further might take it to a shop Tuesday if I cant figure it out

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
and @CableJockey Thanks I'll inspect the wires further might take it to a shop Tuesday if I cant figure it out
go to walmart, harbor freight or the like;buy a $10.00 multi-meter and solve the problem your self. A shop will likely charge an enormous amount of money to scan it and then hours of "find it" time, if they find it. Do yourself a favor and fix it yourself.

TDIdylan

TDI
Jetta mk4 alh
go to walmart, harbor freight or the like;buy a $10.00 multi-meter and solve the problem your self. A shop will likely charge an enormous amount of money to scan it and then hours of "find it" time, if they find it. Do yourself a favor and fix it yourself.
Been inspecting wires looks like the wiring to n75 asv map and the fuse relay box have been opened before and been rewrapped with electrical tape. Really dont want to dig into that have PTSD from my audi a4 2003...

TDIdylan

TDI
Jetta mk4 alh
Barometric pressure is 836mbar manifold pressure is 836mbar boost actual is 836mbar and spec is 1000(stats at idle) charge pressure control at 92%. If I have to cut wires and open harnesses I'll take it to a shop for piece of mind ...