Boost pressure

waffles

TDI
2.0 Turbo VW
I have a 2010 TDI 2.0 VW, it makes the glow plug light flash when trying to get to highway speed, it will not give me a code but I can clear it. It runs 65 no problem after clearing code twice to get there but as soon as I start to accelerate the light starts flashing and it goes into limp mode. Would this be a boost pressure problem? Egr is working as it should.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
What are you useing to scan for the code? If it's not vcds or eleven you're just going to be able to guess and trial and error your way though it.
Get vcds or OBDeleven or take it to a "hate to say it" dealership for a scan or even a tdi guru in your area. You will know exactly the issue and how to fix it. Or you can just keep guessing and replace parts on a wish and a prayer.

waffles

TDI
2.0 Turbo VW
What are you useing to scan for the code? If it's not vcds or eleven you're just going to be able to guess and trial and error your way though it.
Get vcds or OBDeleven or take it to a "hate to say it" dealership for a scan or even a tdi guru in your area. You will know exactly the issue and how to fix it. Or you can just keep guessing and replace parts on a wish and a prayer.
I was using an Autel, can I use VCDS to tune vehicle also?

waffles

TDI
2.0 Turbo VW
Also, what version of VCDS do I need?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Also, what version of VCDS do I need?
Any version will work with what ever version of windows you have. It's the vagcom cable you need to match to the car but again it's not each car model specific. Go to rosstech.com

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I was using an Autel, can I use VCDS to tune vehicle also?
Limited to a few things you can change, like glow plug duration and so forth.
Tune, no. Not even egr and so on. That is hardwired and needs a flash or chiptune