Boost gauge

BuckeyeMan71

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon
I have a 03 Jetta with 279k on her and I’d like to know how to add a turbo boost gauge cause I’ve had a few problems with the turbo. There’s some hesitation when it spools up. I’ve replaced every vacuum line and egr valve. I put a handheld vacuum pump on egr and wastegate both work like they are suppose to. Would also like to know how to tell if vacuum pump is bad. Thank you.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
Your best first move is to buy a VCDS cable and download the software.
It will help you diagnose any problems faster and will indicate boost and so much more.
A MityVac pump/gauge is the standard tool to test all the vacuum related items.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
If you want a boost gauge so you can fast and furious your way down the streets then go with some cheap POS from pep boys or spend $$$$$ on some crazy stuff from speed shops, there all the same crap. Auber gauges are king and actually have useful applications with built in relays.
All of this is pointless honestly for what you want. You will not be able to do anything worthwhile aka goo useful info from just a boost gauge.

You want what Flee mentioned, VCDS (free Software) and a VAG-COM cable (about $150 used on ebay, and a laptop any cheap one will do. as long as it runs windows and has a USB port. CHeck out Ross-Tech, LLC
Run the software and do some logging. Post the logs here and we can diagnose what’s causing the eradication of your boost. Is it a fueling issue? Possibly. Is it a turbo issue? Maybe. A boost gauge will not tell you anything you need to know and it can’t give you accurate information you can take to the bank. What are you going to do? Drive really hard and write down the RPM's and PSI every 1/10 of a second?

Last edited:

BuckeyeMan71

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon
Do any of these support MAC? I don’t have a windows laptop or computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Do any of these support MAC? I don’t have a windows laptop or computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NOPE, PC only. .... not going into why mac vs pc but you should already know why