Bogging off the line in Sport-mode?

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
Wondering if anyone on here has experienced similar issues with their DSG cars. Recently, I bumped the shifter into sport mode and planned to do a quick blast from a stoplight and noticed that within 1 to 2 seconds of taking off, the car sort of bogs down before it shifts into 2nd. It's almost as if the car was not expecting to run through the gear. It doesn't rev out (fully aware that the power is low in the curve) and seemed to be off. Once the car shifts into second, it recovers, for the most part, is able to accelerate quickly.

Posting simply due to the fact that with the car in 'Drive", not sport mode, the issue is nowhere to be found, with no bogging. The issue is present when the car is in Sport only, which to me seems odd. Traction control is not coming on, as the car isn't anywhere near close to breaking loose when it bogs, it simply falls on its face, recovers, and then goes.

My only reasoning is that the car never runs in sport mode and nearly all of my driving is on the highway, which could mean that the ECU (or equivalent) hasn't learned this? Or perhaps, there is some type of VVT issue that requires a spike in oil pressure to take place? Or even some type of combination of several issues and the DSG being factory tuned for efficiency that sport-mode really isn't helping anything.

The car has 93k, full services completed (looking at you DSG), and zero issues in my 2 years and 60k miles of ownership.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
New fuel filter, air filter?

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Have you seen this?

...and yes, codes that do not trigger a CEL are more common than what most people realize (myself included).

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
Y
Have you seen this?

...and yes, codes that do not trigger a CEL are more common than what most people realize (myself included).
Yes, I've commented on the thread, post 3. I don't believe that's my issue, as the filter and housing have been spotless. No changes in my driving that would require the car to sit, I'm running about a tank a week through the car at a busy station. I haven't looked at the filter but will assume until then, that this isn't my issue. The car only bogs in sport mode, in drive, its able to accelerate hard.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Have you tried turning off your stability control through the car menu then doing a sport mode launch? Have you changed the setting through vcds for drive from indirect to direct? It may be the torque limiting function becomes more active in sport and kicks in earlier. I believe its found in vcds under anti spin or something like that. Someone here hopefully will chime in for that setting.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Mine loves to spin tires under hard accel on 1st and 2nd. Especially on cold or damp pavement. Watch your tcc light. Bet your spinning.