Bluetooth won't stop taking over!!! And a gas flap issue...

JBHedgehog

TDI
2013 Golf TDI manual
Hello TDI types!

So I just picked up a 2013 Golf TDI stick and It's just a great car. It drives great, no hassles and it does what a TDI should do. So it's great!

This is our 6th TDI, I think, so I'm used to some VW quirks but I've got two items which are driving me a bit batty. So any push in the right direction would be so, so welcome.

ISSUE 1: The Bluetooth connection won't stop kicking in. If I touch my phone, look at the phone, think about my stupid phone, the Bluetooth connection will take over. It was kind of cute at first but I sure can't figure out how to make it stop save just turning off Bluetooth altogether. Has anyone ever experienced this? I think I'm going to reset the system back to factory (probably not a bad idea) but I wanted to ask the crew first.

ISSUE 2: The gas flap just will not open up. I have locked the car, unlocked the car. I have used the remote to lock the car, unlock the car. I have had my finger pushing on the flap, unlocked the car, locked the car. And I just can't get the flap to open. Grrr...I had this happen with my old bug too but at least it opened up more than it didn't open up. Any ideas here? Do I need to check for a fuse?

Any help would be welcome and all the best to everybody!

Burnbio

TDI
2013 VW Jetta SW and 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel (SOLD)
I have a 2013 Jetta SportWagen that does the same thing on the BT radio. Sometimes I just disconnect the phone. I would not mind finding an answer for this quirk.
As to the duel flap, mine unlocks with the fob or the regular unlock, then push in the flap and it opens up. It should be a small mechanical twist type push rivet that turns to hold the flap in. There is also an emergency opener inside the wheel well liner if I remember correctly.
hope this helps a little.

JBHedgehog

TDI
2013 Golf TDI manual
I have a 2013 Jetta SportWagen that does the same thing on the BT radio. Sometimes I just disconnect the phone. I would not mind finding an answer for this quirk.
As to the duel flap, mine unlocks with the fob or the regular unlock, then push in the flap and it opens up. It should be a small mechanical twist type push rivet that turns to hold the flap in. There is also an emergency opener inside the wheel well liner if I remember correctly.
I will try the gas flap push again (but I'm not confident). I'll look inside the liner to see if there's any switch in there as well.

But I think I might try to reset the BT system and see if that works. It's really becoming an annoyance.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
You can do it...

These may not be an exact match, but a search will reveal more.

It can be helpful to replace the word "gas" with "fuel."

JBHedgehog

TDI
2013 Golf TDI manual
You can do it...

These may not be an exact match, but a search will reveal more.

It can be helpful to replace the word "gas" with "fuel."
Cool!

I will read up now.

JBHedgehog

TDI
2013 Golf TDI manual
I actually just did a radio reset back to factory and that fixed it!

Small miracles.