Bluetooth Option for 09 jetta tdi

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Dumb question.

Will this kit work in a 2006.5 Special Edition?

Is it just a rebranded Parrot kit? If so I believe it will.
Thank you,
John.

whackit

TDI
2009 sportwagen
I installed the skoda unit in my 90 JSW yesterday. It works flawlessly. Intergration works with both MFD and RNS-510. It's a very nice unit. I hear kufatec is selling a new unit as well.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
bluetooth

i know every situation is different, but for those who really just need hands free in your vw you can for the price of the parrot system buy a gps system with bluetooth and voice recognition, mp3,nav,voice command and no install costs at 269.99. an easy way to get what you need and more at same price as a parrot installed. just where my heads at now. who knows where it will be tomorrow?

here is a garmin system nuvi 760
http://www.everyprice.com/item.asp?item_Id=197494&partner=g123&keyword=garmin_nuvi_760_gps&gclid=CKq72ciP5pUCFSCcnAodygSNfA

Last edited:

GregoryB

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2006, Platinum Grey, Package2, DSG, VAG-COM
Do you have any info on the displayed information? Is the info displayed on the MFD or the Radio or both? Any pics? Thanks - Greg

Da~da~da

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6
whackit said:
I installed the skoda unit in my 90 JSW yesterday. It works flawlessly. Intergration works with both MFD and RNS-510. It's a very nice unit.
x2 :cool: Love mine and really enjoy navigating through the mfsw and mfd instead of being forced to use the 510!

Da~da~da

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6
GregoryB said:
Do you have any info on the displayed information? Is the info displayed on the MFD or the Radio or both? Any pics? Thanks - Greg
Here you go... please excuse the shoddy photography but my camera has a crappy macro setting.

Just a few shots to show the functionality

These are just a few RNS-510 shots in action as there are many other screens

My experience thus far after two weeks of use is **Awesome** I absolutely love this unit and the way it integrates with the both the 510 and the MFD/MFSW. Once the initial pairing is done it automatically pairs and x-fers phone book to the vehicle upon starting and automatically disconnects when the key is removed. I do everything from the MFD/MFSW. The sound quality is excellent and people on the other end say that the sound quality is much improved from when I was using a BT headset. The default phone volume is settable within the 510 and also can be turned up or down via the volume buttons on the MFSW during the call, of which the sound out of the speakers is excellent. The unit automatically mutes the radio/sat/hdd/sd when you dial or accept an incoming call then returns at the volume you were listening to before the call.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Wow... from the pictures this is awesome.

I may need to spend the $300+ bucks and have it installed. How has the installation experience been at the dealers? I just got a coupon book from my dealer for service and parts discounts.. I think the Volk-L is in there for 10% off or something.

I may do this, it seems like a sweet option. How is the noise reduction, do people complain of road/cabin noise? My phone has excellent noise reduction so I want something similar.

Da~da~da

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6
ATLSilverTDI said:
Wow... from the pictures this is awesome.
I may need to spend the $300+ bucks and have it installed. How has the installation experience been at the dealers? I just got a coupon book from my dealer for service and parts discounts.. I think the Volk-L is in there for 10% off or something.

I may do this, it seems like a sweet option. How is the noise reduction, do people complain of road/cabin noise? My phone has excellent noise reduction so I want something similar.
Everyone please keep in mind that the head unit screen shots above are from mine which is the RNS-510 so I do not know what the interface would look like on the premium7 or the MFD2. The MFD however should display as above from what I know.

For clarification just in case I am reading your post incorrectly, I have the ***Skoda BT*** which is dif from the US spec Volk-L.

I personally have not had any complaints about road/cabin noise and sound coming from my speakers is excellent and enables me to really hear and understand what is being said to me as I often had trouble hearing them on the BT headset. My wife says that the road/cabin noise is a lot quieter than when I was using my BT headset.

As for the install, for me personally it was a very easy and straight forward install of which I completed in under 2 hours. I could have installed it much faster but I was extremely careful and took my time with the routing of the mic wire to the overhead with the headliner and psgr A-pillar airbag.

There has been quite a bit written on other forums regarding the "Skoda BT" unit along with a lot of pics.

This is just one of the many excellent writeups on that can be found on the internet which contains both the install and lots of discussions comparing the Skod BT to the Volk L.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3488355

This is the link of the person I purchased mine from. He is excellent to work with and has a STELLAR rep, I highly recommend him
http://www.octavia-vrs.com/technical/bluetooth.html

Last edited:

GregoryB

Veteran Member
TDI
I do not have the RNS510 - I have ordered the Volk-L for my Car (see sig ) and will have it installed at the 40K service interval ( 2K more miles ) Very nice work. Thanks for the pics.

GregoryB

Veteran Member
TDI
well it's installed

It's not as elaborate as the Skoda unit, but it works with my Blackberry 8830 and the audio is fantastic on both ends of the conversation.