Bluetooth cutting in and out

demagxc

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
I've been having intermittent bluetooth issues that I would describe as the audio skipping or buffering. The problem does not seem to related to my phone and isnt app specific. It only occurs with the bluetooth connection on the TDI and does not happen with my wife's car or any other bluetooth speaker.

When connected, the phone is in a cradle on a vent mount between the steering wheel and the infotainment screen. Readjusting the phone in the cradle or removing it completely does not fix the problem. I've re-paired the phone by forgetting the connection on the phone and deleting the connection to the car then reconnecting, and still the problem persists.

The problem is not consistent and at its worst, anything streaming from my phone is completely unlistenable. The last thing I want to do is use an AUX connection. I want to continue to be able to use the steering wheel controls for skipping tracks and see whats playing on the screen. I dont want to worry about another cable either.

Anyone else have similar issues or know a good fix?

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
All the car I had with Bluetooth in it always had intermittent issues.

My gsw is no different, sometimes the connection just drop. I turn the radio off and on, most the time it resolve the issue. Sometimes I have to reboot my phone completely.

Like you said, the position of the phone doesn't seem to matter.

I installed tasker on my phone so when I start my car it automatically start Spotify and play, then it start Waze.
I would say it work flawlessly 90% the time.

I know you said your phone doesn't seem to be the problem, but have you tried with another phone or tablet?

In my (2016)4Runner no matter what we tried, it was impossible to get my wife phone to work.
Friend and family have connected there phone without issue.
To this day it's still a mystery

Last edited:

demagxc

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Next time my wife is in the car Ill have to have her connect and see what happens.

Ive turned the radio on and off while at the same time rebooting the phone and its never fixed the issue unfortunately.