Blown head

Crik777

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen 2010
Hello, so I, unfortunately, confirmed my head gasket has failed. It has been failing for years. I tried to get VW to fix it while under warranty but they would keep ignoring me saying there was nothing wrong. Well now the car is out of warranty and I have spent over 3k proving it is the head that is leaking into the coolant. Is there a way to get VW to cover the new engine it was under warranty when all of this started?

Any help and opinions welcomed. Thank you

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Lawyer not worth the cost
loss of use... criminal fraud... whatever take your pick.
you WILL NOT be able to settle this on your own if you do not lawyer up as dealerships and literally anyone you go up against legally will have ones... very good ones.
If you have definitive proof that the issue is there and the dealership or whoever said it was not and you have mechanics that will testify... sue for loss of use if you make $ by useing the car in a business, all costs, time, value ect...
spending $300 to talk for 30 minutes to a proper lawyer will settle this issue for you. if they say its not going to hold up, then just drop it, cut your losses, move on with life. otherwise go get'em
not one person here is qualified, including me, to give you advice other than to see professional guidance. anyone telling you to NOT do so is a fool.

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
Loss of use unless it's a commercial vehicle will have no bearing. Criminal fraud? not here. This would be categorized as a civil matter, not criminal. Going through VW customer service would more likely to be successful than threat of a suit. Am I lawyer? No. Do I deal with them and courts regularly? yes.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Loss of use unless it's a commercial vehicle will have no bearing. Criminal fraud? not here. This would be categorized as a civil matter, not criminal. Going through VW customer service would more likely to be successful than threat of a suit. Am I lawyer? No. Do I deal with them and courts regularly? yes.
Being on the defence isnt a good strategy for life...

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
it's not that. It's just better for him to try again going through their customer service channels first. You almost NEVER get back lawyer's fees in a suit. Between an initial consultation, research, filing time and fees, then going to court? That can add up to more than the cost of an engine.

Now sure, a 1-hour consultation may yield him saying the same, not worth it. Or, *maybe* a letter from an attorney might prompt a local dealer to reconsider a case. However, anything more will likely just be more money spent by the car owner.

Crik777

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen 2010
loss of use... criminal fraud... whatever take your pick.
you WILL NOT be able to settle this on your own if you do not lawyer up as dealerships and literally anyone you go up against legally will have ones... very good ones.
If you have definitive proof that the issue is there and the dealership or whoever said it was not and you have mechanics that will testify... sue for loss of use if you make $ by useing the car in a business, all costs, time, value ect...
spending $300 to talk for 30 minutes to a proper lawyer will settle this issue for you. if they say its not going to hold up, then just drop it, cut your losses, move on with life. otherwise go get'em
not one person here is qualified, including me, to give you advice other than to see professional guidance. anyone telling you to NOT do so is a fool.
Thank you so much. I have been busy getting prove and evidence as much as I can. I also got several people to say they will testify if need be. I will fight this! Thanks