Blower motor relay location - 05 Golf TDI MK4

duckdive

TDI
05 VW Golf TDI, 11 VW Touareg TDI
I've been reading about the blower motor resistor (replaced), blower motor (replaced), fuses (checked panel)... but still my cabin air is not bowing on any speed. At one time, it was only blowing erratically on some speeds.

Anyway, I saw a Jetta thread that states something about the relay possibly being the issue.

Does anybody know the specific relay location and ID/part? exactly for the relay that would control the blower... I don't think mine relays look like this (https://fusesdiagram.com/volkswagen/fuses-and-relay-volkswagen-golf-4.html). It seems like there are differences.

Or do the controls fail in the dash?

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
The Fresh Air Blower Relay is located on Panel D high-up above the main panel.
Hopefully this pic will be helpful ....

duckdive

TDI
Image of door sticker

It appears the manufacture date is 08/04. So based on that, the position of my relay for Fresh air blower would be #1. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
There are three rows though... I guess I try each row.

duckdive

TDI
I've tried this with several relays being swapped in. None make a difference. I also confirmed that applying 12v to the blower turns it on/spins.

So, if the relays are ok and the blower is ok. And I've swapped the resistor (and used a mmeter to test it)... could it be wiring?
Where does the wire run? Anybody have a clue? Are there any spots prone to failure?

Really want to get by cabin air/heat working.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Not sure about the 05 Golf, but the New Beetles (98 thru 03) were very pron for the in-dash Fan Switch to break, crack, fall apart, etc. Many times they would end up with only one speed, generally top speed, or no speed at all. I've took several of them apart for repair using glue and/or JB Weld. The little metal strip (L-shape) is held in place by plastic that over time releases it due to heat and age, mostly heat.

duckdive

TDI
I should have already done this... Need to verify 12v at the resistor/blower. Gonna do next and will report back.
I did pickup a switch center console thing as well.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The HVAC control head in the dash is probably bad. Specifically the part inside that passes power to the blower motor.