Blinking gear display

Whitez

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
Just bought the car couple months ago. Has almost 200k on it. Runs and drives great. It’s a 2006 Jetta tdi with the 1.9 and auto trans. Nights and mornings have been starting to get a little colder in pa. With that being said, when I start the car on a colder morning, ( so far 50 degrees and below has been the only issue) the gear display will be blinking and it will not allow me to shift the car into gear. I have had to unhook the battery and hook it back up to trick it. Then it allows me to start it and go. Anyone know what the issue could be. Any help would be appreciated. I’m thinking it’s gotta be some sort of sensor that has to do with temperature. It has not done it till this colder weather. Even after driving through rain and such. There is no code for what is happening. I have checked everytime.

Whitez

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
It’s just the tune zilla programer I bought when I put a Malone tune on it. But it reads my over boost code an glow plug codes. If there were another code I feel it would read it but I could be wrong

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Get a diagnostic tool if you want to communicate with all the controllers and troubleshoot.

realsteel23

TDI
06 Jetta
The Mechtronics unit in the transmission might be goin bad. It's common on these cars. Do a search on here about it.

Whitez

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
Okay thanks y’all. I’ll do some research and see what I can figure out